Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Wi-fi won’t work on laptop but does on phone.

RLivi
Beginner

Idk what you need to know but in network properties, my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 is not working. Status is not present, max transmission unit is 0, and connectivity is disconnected. I was on the internet last night and had to troubleshoot from time to time. But this is the worst it’s been. When I try to troubleshoot now, it doesn’t even restart the driver. It focuses on Ethernet which I don’t use.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello RLivi, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. Connectivity issues may occur due to Windows* updates, operating system corruption, or outdated drivers / operating system. In order to troubleshoot this issue, we would like to gather your system configuration. Please provide the following information: A. Computer model. B. Run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. C. Are you receiving error messages in Device Manager?. If you are, please attach a pictures showing those errors. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
soadgabo
Beginner

Hi, I just have this exact same problem with my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160.

from hardware and connection properties:                                   

Name: Wi-Fi
Description: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
Physical address (MAC): a0:88:69:6a:37:18
Maximum transmission unit: 0
Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello RLivi, If you are still having the issue reported, please provide us with your system configuration. It will be helpful to address this issue. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello RLivi, If you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos