Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

WiFi 6 AX201 Miracast to LG TV problem

DepthEmpty
Beginner

Hi I have a problem with my MSI GS66 10SF Windows 10 v21H2 connecting to my LG TV EF9500. I see my LG TV when I search for wireless displays, I try to connect, a notification pops up on my LG TV but it always fails after awhile. Seems like a problem with the authentication/security handshake. I can connect my other PC to LG TV, so I know LG TV's miracast is working. I can miracast my MSI to my other PC, so I know my MSI is capable and ready (even checked in dxdiag). But I just can't get the MSI to connect to the LG. I've tried so many things, including turning off the windows firewall (but not router), SFC/scannow, and trying many different drivers for both the AX201 adapter and display adapter. I've worked on this for over 30 hours and no solution. I'm getting frustrated. In windows' event log viewer, I see " Lso was triggered" the exact moment I try to connect. It appears an older driver version for AX201 had release notes saying it fixed a known issue connecting miracast to LG TVs, driver v22.70. I tried that driver, still didn't work. Any help would be appreciated!

I've added info dump from intel SSU, and list of  services.

Also, I know I'm not using the most current graphics driver, I had to roll it back because the newest one was causing flickering.

Here is more of the "Lso was triggered" error info (Netwtw10 appears to be the name for the drivers, maybe? I downloaded a different driver and it was labeled something similar. Does anyone know what "DEVICE\NDMP43" could mean?)

Log Name: System

Source: Netwtw10
Date: 9/11/2022 11:13:42 PM
Event ID: 6062
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: MSI
Description:
6062 - Lso was triggered
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Netwtw10" />
<EventID Qualifiers="32768">6062</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-09-12T06:13:42.6449450Z" />
<EventRecordID>35098</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="20932" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>MSI</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\Device\NDMP43</Data>
<Data>Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz</Data>
<Binary>000000000200300000000000AE170080000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello DepthEmpty,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+).

I would like to let you know that Intel no longer provides email, chat, or phone support for this product. Visit the product discontinuation notice for Intel® WiDi.

You can find instructions for using Miracast, including system requirements, at the Microsoft support site (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/search?query=miracast). One particular article that may be helpful in a project to a wireless display with Miracast.

If you need assistance with Miracast, contact Microsoft for support.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DepthEmpty
Beginner

Miracast is not intel WiDi which was canceled in 2015. Please don't mention WiDi again, it has NOTHING to do with this. Your wireless cards all support miracast. Just a year ago in the release notes for a driver, it said they fixed a problem with miracast. So you do support it, you produce it, so please help. It's your driver "Netwtw10" that's causing the issue. I believe I've demonstrated that with the system logs. I've already posted in the Microsoft forums and shared all this info, they said it's your driver and I need to take it up with intel. Microsoft can do nothing to help in this situation only intel can. Please fix your driver.

0 Kudos
DepthEmpty
Beginner

Miracast is not intel WiDi 

0 Kudos