Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

WiFi 6 AX210 not working after ubuntu mate update, bluetooth does

ralph_
Novice

Dear community,

yesterday i turned on my new P14s AMD gen2, with an Intel WiFi 6 AX 210 non Vpro installed, and realised it isn't working, while bluetooth is.

I tried several different work arounds i found on the internet (askubuntu.com, itsfoss.com, ..) but nothing worked.

Then i did a full reinstall of the linux distro including installing all relevant applications for me, again after an update WiFi not working, while bluetooth is.

So today again a new clean ubunut mate 20.04.2 LTS installation.
And again after sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade --> WiFi not working, while bluetooth is.

And again before the update&upgrade it did work, as the 2 times before.

No other application has been installed the last time, just a fresh and clean ubuntu mate (fresh iso download) ..

System is working with dual boot with win 10, there everything works fine.

Any other suggestions?
Oh yeah, kernel is 5.11. for shure.

Thanks in common.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ralph_
Novice
0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello ralph_

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Make sure you're running the correct firmware and latest drivers for this card:

If it works on Windows 10* this confirms its not a defective wireless card but If the issue persists, please provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
ralph_
Novice

Thanks for the support.

I also opened a thread at askubuntu and they where able to help me, i will post the solution in my previous post.

0 Kudos
ralph_
Novice

negative, it worked fine at the beginning and always with windows.

It was a softwarebug.

0 Kudos
ralph_
Novice

The solution, with the help of the askubuntu community, can be seen here:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1360175/intel-wifi-5-ax210-wifi-not-working-after-update

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Last thing before closing this thread, if the problem reoccurs we recommend checking with the distro and OEM respectively as this is a new system.

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos