Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

WiFi Turns Off

jtv1
Beginner

Dear Intel Community Support

In the past year I have upgraded many parts on my Dell XPS 702X, but lately I found that my device has been turning off its WiFi on my home and girlfriends home ISP.

Because of this I have been wondering whether to renew to the Intel 7260HMW Dual band wireless-AC 7260 867Mbps 802.11ac 4.0 Wifi BT Hot K2V0, if this is compatible, as I assume a video states that is the directive that was given to them from Intel.

Considering what I have is the Wireless-N 1000 802.11 b/g/n 112BNHMW Half Mini PCI-E Intel Centrino Wifi Card, is it the best choice that I could make for my PC.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The Wireless-AC 7260.HMW, which was also the last card that Intel produced for the M.1 (mini PCIe) socket, has also been discontinued by Intel -- but Intel did produce Windows 10 drivers for it.

Intel's final set of drivers supporting this card were released on May 21, 2019. They can be downloaded from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28622.

This set of drivers aligned with the Windows 10 1904 Update. I have seen no complaints that specifically point to these drivers being too stale to use on the latest (2009/20H2) Windows 10 Update, but caution you to watch for (and report here!) any issues that you run into.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I would certainly replace that N-1000.  Discontinued and not supported on Windows 10. 

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

jtv1
Beginner

Thanks AlHill

Since I have purchased both network cards, am presuming you mean use the upgrade?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The Wireless-AC 7260.HMW, which was also the last card that Intel produced for the M.1 (mini PCIe) socket, has also been discontinued by Intel -- but Intel did produce Windows 10 drivers for it.

Intel's final set of drivers supporting this card were released on May 21, 2019. They can be downloaded from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28622.

This set of drivers aligned with the Windows 10 1904 Update. I have seen no complaints that specifically point to these drivers being too stale to use on the latest (2009/20H2) Windows 10 Update, but caution you to watch for (and report here!) any issues that you run into.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
jtv1
Beginner

Thank you N Scott

I will have to wait till January before I can install this driver to the network card I purchase, but I am presuming this will break my device if I install it now with the "n-100" in place.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
0 Kudos