Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

WiFi connection issues

rmckellar
Beginner

Laptop: HP ProBook 650 G5, has issues with wireless connection. Wireless adapter: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHZ. The machine is able to connect to mobile hotspot and connect to the internet without issue. However, when connecting to home or office WiFi, it will successfully connect to the SSID, but unable to reach the internet. The machine is not able to receive a DHCP address on the home or office WiFi leading to the inability to connect to internet. I'm able to set the IP address information statically and am then able to connect, but this is not a permanent solution.

I've verified that other devices on the home and office WiFi are able to receive IP addresses without issue, so it is a not a DHCP server problem. I have utilized driver version 22.10.0.7 and latest release 22.20.0.6, issue persists.

Any insight/assistance is appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello rmckellar, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information.  

2. Did this unit use to work before via wireless? If yes, do you recall making any changes before the issue started? 

3. If you try a wired connection, can you get an IP address via DHCP in that way? 

4. Please try the following: 

1. Turn On the DHCP Client Service 

• Right-click the Start button and click Run
  • Input ‘services.msc’ in the Open text box and click OK to open the Services window. 
  • Double-click DHCP Client to open the properties window.  
  • Click the Startup type drop-down menu to select Automatic
  • Select the Apply option. 
  • Click OK to close the window. 
  • Reboot.  

2. Adjust the Network Adapter Settings 

• Open Run in Windows. 
  • Enter ‘control.exe /name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter’ in Run and click OK to open the Control Panel applet 
  • Click Change adapter settings on the left side of the Control Panel window. 
  • Right-click your connection and select Properties
  • Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties to open the window shown directly below. 
  • Select the Obtain an IP address automatically option. 
  • Then click the Obtain DNS server address automatically radio button. 
  • Press the OK button on the IPv4 window. 
  • Click OK on the Wi-Fi Properties window. 
  • Reboot 

3. Reset the TCP/IP Protocol and Winsock 

• Run the cmd as administrator. 
  • Enter ‘ipconfig /flushdns’. 
  • Input ‘nbtstat –r’. 
  • Run ‘netsh int ip reset’. 
  • Reboot.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello rmckellar,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello rmckellar,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. As the problem seems to be con IP assignment, this does not seem to be related to the Intel wireless adapter or drivers. You may check with your ISP or AP manufacturer if our recommendations did not work; Microsoft* could also provide additional support on this.  

If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos