Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7650 Discussions

WiFi driver ax201 not working after latest update

MoHossam
Beginner

Hello, my laptop is a Dell G15 and after updating the Wi-Fi driver to WiFi-23.60.1-Driver64-Win10-Win11, the Wi-Fi Quick Setting disappeared and always had a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager, as shown in the screenshot. I tried many solutions, but they have not been solved yet, so please help.

Edit : I'm working at win 11

Edit: Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)

Screenshot 2024-06-26 045306.png

Screenshot 2024-06-26 045642.png

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Mohossam,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We know how confounding it is to experience this issue after a driver update which was meant to contain improvements. We will work with you to find a solution to your concern.

Kindly provide the following information that we will use to determine what is going on and use it to derive viable recommendations:

1. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html. To run it, please press "Scan". After the scan is finished, click next and there will be a save button, giving you an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply. You can refer to How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html for instructions.

I.Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.

II.Expand the Network Adapter category and locate Intel AX201 Wireless Driver

III.Click the Driver Tab, and Select Update Driver

IV.Choose Browse My Computer for drivers and then click on “Let me pick up from a list of available drivers on my computer”

V. There will be a list box in the middle of the Windows. Kindly provide a screenshot of this Window

We will wait for your reply post.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MoHossam
Beginner

Thanks for the update,

Kindly check the attachment below, which has what you asked for.

Note : I solved the problem by restoring point recovery in Windows 11 as a temporary solution.

0 Kudos
MoHossam
Beginner

T

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Mohossam,

Thank you for the quick response.

After checking the logs and knowing of the fix that you discovered, it seems that your system maybe incompatible with the latest generic driver. There are times wherein our latest drivers maybe incompatible with a certain system setup, which is why we always recommend users to use Dell released wireless drivers because it contains modifications that conform to the customizations done by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) on your system.  

That being said, have you already tried doing a clean install of the driver on your system?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MoHossam
Beginner

Hi Alfredo,
Thank you for your efforts to solve my problem,

No, I never try because I don't know how to make a clean install so, please tell me how, according to my device specification,
and please step by step, because I don't want any more problems with my laptop.

Best Regards,
Mohamed Hossam

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Mohossam,

We appreciate your prompt reply.

We have published an article that contains step by step instructions on how to do a clean install; you can find it on this page, Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers.

Please take note that it is better to use the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer, Dell. You can ask them first for the link to the latest wireless driver for your laptop model and that would be better than clean installation of our generic wireless drivers.

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Mohossam,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to check with your system manufacturer since we have not heard from you. 

Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
MoHossam
Beginner

Hi Alfredo,
Apologies for the delay.
I managed to resolve my issue by following your instructions, so thank you very much.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Mohossam,

Thank you for your update.

We are glad to know that your issue is already resolved.

If you would like to give us an update or if you have further questions, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great year.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos