Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Wifi-22.190.0 Driver .MSI install file?

JoshuaDau
Beginner

I'm trying to do a mass install through intune for the new 22.190.0 driver, but the .exe that's included keeps failing when trying to run silently. I've tried running it through cmd prompt and powershell to no avail, even when using the switches -s and --overwrite.

I was looking through the directions here (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005730/wireless.html), and it lists wirelesssetup.exe or an .MSI file, but these files just simply don't exist in the admin install for the new driver. I do see these files in the old drivers, but the old drivers are causing issues with new meraki wireless firmware.

Does anyone know if Intel has the .msi driver install somewhere or has run into this issue?

This is the page where I grabbed the downloads originally.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18231/intel-proset-wireless-software-and-drivers-for-it-admins.html

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @JoshuaDau

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear about what is happening, I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, take in mind that the process you are following is for old drivers (22.40 or older). You need to follow the instructions of this article, which is for Silent installation of Intel® Wi-Fi Driver 21.50.X or Later for Windows® 10, since you are trying to install the latest driver 22.190.0.5. 

Just as additional information, how many devices are you trying to update? 

If the installation fails, please let us know if you can see any specific errors. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @JoshuaDau

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @JoshuaDau

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos