Hello I am currently using AC-7265 wifi card My wifi speed was 500mbps but its only runs around 20-50mbps while connecting to 5GH connection.
Is it my wifi card problem. If so, is it possible for me to buy AC-8265 or 9260 to replace it?
Any help? Thank you
Computer Model- ROG GL 553VE
- If this Wireless-AC 7265 card came with your motherboard, you will need to check with the manufacturer (in your case, Asus) and ensure that the card that you desire is compatible with their BIOS. [Aside: Usually, the BIOS - if indeed it accesses the card at all - will only access the Bluetooth portion. Since this is a standardized USB interface, all cards are essentially the same from this standpoint.]
- Why not consider the AX200 card? This card, at US$22, essentially costs the same as the Wireless-AC 8265 and Wireless-AC 9260 cards, but also supports 2400 Mbps throughput, Wireless-AX, WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1 support.
Hope this helps.
- NGFF is just referring to the physical interface. M.2 is the proper way to be referring to it these days.
- MU-MIMO, which stands for Multiple User - Multiple Input Multiple Output, is a communications technology. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-user_MIMO for an introduction.
- NGW simply means Next-Generation Wireless and Intel also uses it to refer to M.2.
Here is a link to the most-commonly purchased version of the module: https://www.amazon.com/WiFi-AX200-PCs-802-11AX-Bluetooth-NGW/dp/B07TLBNSZQ.
Hope this helps,
Try to update the Bluetooth drivers or temporarily disable BT and then try again.
Download and install the latest updated drivers available from the official Intel website.