We understand you would like some assistance locating a replacement for your Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000.
Please keep in mind that we don't provide support for custom wireless integrations or upgrades. Hardware compatibility can only be confirmed by your computer manufacturer, this is because Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) may limit the computer to specific wireless adapters only. Additionally, your current adapter has been discontinued and is no longer receiving any kind of support.
- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade.
- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005846.html Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?
- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006507.html Customer Support Options for Discontinued Intel® Wireless Products.
While our best recommendation will be to check with SONY* for a list of approved replacement adapters, the following were our latest adapters manufactured using the same form factor as your Intel® Centrino® adapter in a two antenna configuration:
- Intel® Wireless-N 7260
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
We hope this information helps.