Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Windows 10 Intel Advanced N-6235 drivers removed after returning from sleep mode

FMole
Beginner

I have a very annoying problem I can't fix. If I close the lid on my Asus UX31A and then open it to come out of Sleep mode Windows 10 Home has decided to remove all my Bluetooth drivers. With the following message in the event log:

BTHUSB Eventid 17 The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.

I really tried everything already, completely new install of W10, all drivers removed and re-installed. The Power saving options are all off, but to no avail. To fix it I must go into the Device Manager and disable and enable the adapter. Very awkward and time consuming.

Anyone have experience with this? How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello frankpaul1,

According to ASUS*, this computer model ASUS* UX31A was manufactured in 2011. It may be that it is not compatible with Windows*10. We recommend that you contact ASUS* first to see if they can provide any solution. Regarding your Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235, is it the original one that came installed in this computer when you bought it? Other than this error message with the Bluetooth, is your computer connecting to the internet? Before we go any further, please reply these question accurately in order for us to see what would be the best way to help you.

In the mean time, you can check here, Microsoft* seems to have a solution for this issue since it is a https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/982046 Windows-related one. Please check this link: A Bluetooth device stops working, and you receive error code 43 together with event 17 after you resume a computer that is running Windows 7 from sleep

*NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

0 Kudos