Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Windows 10 WLAN wifi 5100 driver?

LSnow
Beginner

I have a 2009 Dell Studio 1555 and I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and It says the driver is updated to the newest one,....I can see the networks I want to connect to but it will never connect, only says "can't connect to this network" no matter which one of our private networks we try to connect. I read that my 5100 agn needs updated drivers to work with 10. When will they come out? Or do I need to go back to Windows 7?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Vlove,

Unfortunately the Intel® WiFi Link 5100 is not supported on Windows*10, therefore, there are no new drivers available expect the ones already available in our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/70970/Intel-WiFi-Link-5100 Intel® Download Center - Please, for further information, access this link: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-035711.htm?wapkw=intel+wifi+link+5300+and+intel+wifi+link+5100+products Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Which Intel® Wireless Adapters Work With Windows® 10?

0 Kudos
LSnow
Beginner

Ok thats fine. But can I use one of those cards that are listed for my Dell Studio 1555? I read that you can only use certain ":white listed" cards on some computers? Can you direct me to how I can find the right cards that will work with Windows 10?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Vlove,

It seems like other users found a solution/workaround that resolved an issue similar to that of yours. You might want to check the following thread, in which other users have shared their experience with this situation: look for post # 5. However, we must inform you that the solution provided is not official from Intel and what worked for them may not work for you and if you attempt to follow their procedure, it will be at your own risk.

0 Kudos