Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7440 Discussions

Windows 10 devices cannot ping each other

JJeff17
Beginner

I have two Windows 10 computers. We'll call them A and B.

A has an Intel AX200 160Mhz card with driver version 21.90.3.2. B has something else.

A and B will be happily communicating with each other when suddenly and without warning the communication fails. The following two entries are recorded in A's eventlog -

7021 - Connection telemetry fields and analysis usage

7003 - Roam Complete

At this instant A and B can no longer ping each other (or communicate in any way).

During this time -

A and B can both reach the internet.

A and B can both ping the router.

The router can ping both A and B

A and B can ping other devices on the network

But they cannot ping each other. Or communicate in any way. SMB, etc.

I spent MANY HOURS screwing with network and firewall settings before I figured out it was the AX200 card in host A.

This has actually happened with both the on-board AX200 card in A's motherboard, MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI and a separate PCI card, a TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 PCIe. Both use the AX200 chip.

My network is an Asus RT-AC88U with an Asus RT-AC68U in wireless mesh (AiMesh) configuration.

I've used the recommended settings at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

They did not help.

I think the driver is bugged.

The "fix" is to disable the AX200 in the Device Manager and then re-enable it. Then A and B can ping each other again.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello JJeff17,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your system configuration.

Please generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) on the computers and attach the reports to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

• Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Does this issue happen if you use previous drivers?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello JJeff17,

If you need any further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello JJeff17,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos