Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot continued

Cretch
Beginner

I've gone through all the remedies from my earlier thread Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot to no avail. What happens is my devices can detect the Hotspot network, connect, but fail to connect to the internet.

Please let me know what information I can provide to help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Cretch,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on the steps performed on the previous post and since you already tried the driver version 3.1121.115 recommended by the Dell (https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ae/product-support/product/alienware-17-area51m-laptop/drivers), I recommend you to contact Microsoft or the board/PC manufacturer for further information, since the Hotspot functionality depends 100% on the operating system.

On the other hand, based on the commands you ran on CMD to check the capabilities, it could mean that your system does not have hotspot creation capabilities as the hardware required for this purpose is not present. Therefore, I recommend you to check with the manufacturer in order to check if it is possible to enable this or if it is a hardware limitation.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Davidpeterson065
Beginner

Thanks for raising such questions. I'm also facing the same issue now. 

The solution provided by the moderator is not working for me. I'm looking for a helpful solution.

Let me know if you have any?

Best Regards.

0 Kudos