Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Windows 7 x64 - Event ID 5060 from source NETwNs64

idata
Employee

I'm having problems with a Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6200 AGN

I have the latest drivers available, using RADIUS authentication.

When logging on, network drives aren't being mapped.

I am seeing this in the event log:

The description for Event ID 5060 from source NETwNs64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP4

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6200 AGN

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

Does anyone know what it means?

How can I fix it?

Ben

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

I did have tons of these messages in my event log too.

So I tried installing the newest driver (I had 14.x.x.x and now have 15.1.1.1), this solved it a bit. As in I don't get messages every 20 seconds but once in a while now.

I have the "Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205" adapter.

My message is:

-----------

The description for Event ID 5060 from source NETwNs64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP26

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

-----------

What does it mean?

Axel

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello Shawn,

Thank you for posting. We will continue this subject in the thread where you already posted:

/thread/29162 http://communities.intel.com/thread/29162

0 Kudos
SMerr2
Beginner

I do not believe it will help Ben, or me, if you segregate information into a separate thread which may help with our issue, but perhaps you have already identified a solution for him and have not yet provided it to the rest of the community.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello Shawn,

When a solution is found is posted for all users.

I sent you a private message some days ago in order to follow up this case.

0 Kudos
SMerr2
Beginner

Perhaps you did send a private message, but I do not know how to access it. *Edit* I found it and Thanks for your patience on that topic. I will send the requested information.

0 Kudos
IBuck
Beginner

I have exactly the same issue on my Dell XPS L701X running Win 7 64 bit? My wireless drops and I have to do a "Troubleshoot problems" to reset the wireless adapter. Please can intel help us here. I did capture the diagnostics - cheers

Wednesday,12 June 2013 9:33 p.m.

Windows

Network Diagnostics

Publisher details

Issues found

The

connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet

is broken

Detected

Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues

Not run

The default gateway is not available

Fixed

Reset the "Wireless Network Connection" adapter

Completed

Investigate router or broadband modem issues

Not run

Issues found

Detection details

XXXWHITESPACEX...

0 Kudos
SMerr2
Beginner

Intel has stopped responding to my emails. "Joe_Intel" sent em a note asking for data and sent me a form to fill out. I sent the requested information and nothing back. I have sent emails asking for a status u pdate and nothing. Maybe Joe_Intel has moved on to AMD

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

This issue is still being investigated. We will communicate through this channel once an update on the case becomes available.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please check the information posted here:

/thread/29162 http://communities.intel.com/thread/29162

0 Kudos
EOBri
Beginner

I'm having this same problem on a Dell XPS17 with the Intel Centrino Advanced 6230. I check the linked thread above that is marked as answered, but that applies to businesses with Cisco APs. I'm at home connecting to a TP-Link WR1043ND.

Same symptoms, wireless connectivity mysteriously drops every minute or so. Event ID 5060 in my logs multiple times each minute. A constant ping to my router shows frequent time-outs and high latency at times.

Driver version is 15.9.0.5 for some reason even though I installed the latest 16.1.1 installer. Windows 7 Home Premium x64 My router is using WPA2-PSK on 802.11n

0 Kudos
VSafa
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same problem

Windows 8 x64

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230

Driver 15.10.3.2

I have tried uninstalling the device and then using wireless_16.1.5_De64. Did not help.

The fun part is that it was working OK and then it suddenly started acting out. I believe is started malfunctioning after I changed the router channel from Auto to 8. After several hours I switched back to auto but the problem persists. Later I found the event as descibed above in the event viewer,

Router is TL-WR841N

Firmware Version:

3.11.8 Build 100726 Rel.61867n

Hardware Version:

WR841N v6/v7 00000000

TL-WR841N / TL-WR841NDTL-WR841N

Hoping this will get resolved.

Cheers

0 Kudos