Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter

ktsharpe
Beginner

This evening and for the last week I was having connection issues in my barracks room playing online over WiFi on my desktop. Customer support had me do a network reset and I rebooted.

Now all WiFi is down. Under network connections is shows that my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC8260 is Enabled (and shows 5 green bars) but there is no internet. When conducting the troubleshooting it finds the issue "there might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter" not fixed.

under Issues found details it says "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter. I attempted to download the driver at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/86068/intel-dual-band-wirelessac-8260/downloads.html

I ran this and completed the setup to upgrade to version 22.70.2.1 with typical settings. No luck.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Hi Ktsharpe,

Please provide more details on the PC. Are you using a VPN adapter (VPN software)? Are you using something like Hyper-V, VMware or VirtualBox? And what version of Windows are you using?

0 Kudos