Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Wireless-AC 7265 issue when connecting

SJaan
Beginner

Dear all,

Dell Latitude E5450 / Windows 10 Enterprise x64 1511 (TH2) with latest updates.

Can anyone point me to some direction when mentioned WIFI card (Wireless-AC 7265) refuses to connect to WIFI networks at first place. Actually it refuses first time. About 60 seconds later it will connect.

Error messages is below:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig/Operational

Source: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig

Date: 6.01.2016 16:48:24

Event ID: 8002

Task Category: AcmConnection

Level: Error

Keywords: (1073741824),(1024),(512)

User: SYSTEM

Computer: laptop-023.COMPANY.XX

Description:

WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network.

Network Adapter: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

Interface GUID: {d8ec95f4-c0a4-4c7a-8182-a051beb1520e}

Connection Mode: Automatic connection with a profile

Profile Name: Standard Private Profile

SSID: Standard Private

BSS Type: Infrastructure

Failure Reason:The driver disconnected while associating.

RSSI: 255

I have tried different drivers:

Windows 10 itself suggest via "update device drivers" 18.20.0.9 - no luck, error persist

Dell suggest 18.11.0.8 - no luck, error persist

Intel latest 18.30.0.9 - no luck, error persist

Windows 10 bundled 17.15.0.5 - error is gone, and everything is working as excpected.

I have tried different AP's on different physical locations - same effect.

I have tried different WIFI configurations - like OPEN networks in other places - same effect.

My main question is what could be wrong with 18 series of drivers? Why the 17 series works and 18 not ?

0 Kudos
40 Replies
AHelp
Beginner

I did this with no success.

Now it wont even connect automatically initially.

But after manually connecting and reboot the same issue exists.
0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

ACC,

In this case, we recommend that you contact your nearest Intel Contact Center in order to obtain live support from one of our technicians so we can check this issue more closely.

Please access this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support and choose between live chat or call according to the availability in your region.

0 Kudos
AHelp
Beginner

As multiple people have this issue shouldn't you lodge this issue rather than me having to contact a support number and explain this issue all over again.

We need this issue resolved urgently as we want to roll out Windows 10 and the version that is reported to be working 17 is not supported for Win 10. The only support for Win 10 is 18+ which none of them work.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

ACC,

The importance of contacting our support either by phone or chat is that you can obtain real time support as our technicians have more resources to address the issue properly together with you so you can have this issue resolved. If that is ok with you, try a clean installation of the latest drivers. Make sure you uninstalled any previous version before preceed to stalling the new one.

Noticing that the issue still persists, please collect the logs by using this tool: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility and let us know as soon as you can.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Janx4,

We would like to know if the issue has been resolved with the clean installation as instructed previously. Please let us know at your earliest conveniece.

Remember to remove any previous installed version completely before installing the new one. If the issue persists after this procedure please let us know immediately so we can move into the next step.

Please use this tool: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility and collect the logs and send to us.

0 Kudos
RBiro
Beginner

Same issue, using vatreni 's band-aid (disabling HT mode and dropping to 802.11b) I restored connectivity, but working at a reduce rate is a pain.

Some device information:

Intel NUC I5-5250U, using Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265. Windows 10 installed, version 1511 build 10586.164.

Driver version: 17.15.0.5 [2/22/2015]

Some unsuccessful attempts:

1. disabling bluetooth (at network control, device manager or bios level)

2. connecting to different network (that all support 802.11n or 802.11ac)

3. rolling back latest fixes from microsoft

4. rolling back to an older driver version 17.0.0.34 [2/18/2014] - that actually caused my pc to stop booting correctly and I had to use recovery tools to fix that

thanks vatreni for the bandaid - as bad as it is, it's infinitely better than no connectivity at all.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

bironran,

We were wondering if you could run this tool: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility

and collect the full logs and send us here as soon as you can so we can take a look.

Regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

biroman,

Thanks for the logs. Could you please be so kind and confirm if this adapter came already installed in this NUC when you bought it ?

best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
RBiro
Beginner

aleki_intel - yes, absolutely.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

biroman,

Thank you very much for confirming. We are going to check and get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
SJaan
Beginner

Hi,

Time has passed by. As of today for me it seems like that this problem arises when I deploy WiFi drivers via WDS (Windows Deployment Services) or basically via PNP enumeration.

As soon as I install drivers via ProSet installer everything seems fine. No more connection issues.

Even the latest version 19.0.1.1 behaves the same way.

So, Intel, please tell me what's wrong with PNP enumeration when deploying drivers?

What causes this one minute blackout when using drivers deployed with PNP enumeration?
0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Janx4

We are going to engage additional resources in order to help you. Please give us some time we can check this for you. In the mean time, if you have any further questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
SJaan
Beginner

Dear aleki

Thank You for your response. I'll let You know that this particular model (when I started this discussion - Wireless-AC 7265) is probably out of my hands.

But I'v got my hands a bit newer model Dell Latitude E5470 (Wireless-AC 8260) that behaves the same way. When injecting drivers via WDS it throws me an error and this one minute "waiting" but when I'm using ProSet installer to install drivers this error is gone.

I'v also tested this with a new Windows 10 Anniversary update (1607) - with this version I'm having a bit bigger problem because this version already have driver version 18.40.x.x built in. So, in ether way I must use ProSet installer to update drivers to make them work as they should be.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Janx4,

Just to confirm with you about this adapter. Is it the one installed by factory?

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
SJaan
Beginner

Yes. Installed by factory.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Exactly the same issue here too, we have Latitude E7450/E5250/E5470 with either Intel 7265 or Intel 8260 and we receive the same. We use SCCM to install the drivers, rolling back to 17.15.0.5 fixes it for us, anything else breaks it. We're running Cisco Access Points.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Janx4,

Thank you for your time, Could you please try our IT Admin package? Here is the link to it: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000017246.html IT Administrator Links for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software

Please, let us know the results.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Are we getting anywhere on a fix for this? Using the PROSet installer is a workaround. Come on Intel, what is going on!

0 Kudos
romank
Beginner

I've got the same error. In my case it was a HW problem. It seems that the main antenna on the wifi adapter was damaged and I swapped main/aux cables on my WIFI adapter (see instructions here: https://youtu.be/DW0zke5gVUE)

0 Kudos