Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Wireless-N 7265 can no connect the wireless in some area

JXu29
Beginner

I have the laptop , it is the HP 820G2, and it use the wireless-N 7265, my OS is Win7 x64, but I found if I conect to some wireless. it would not work, but for other wireless, it is work, so very strange problems

for example: I can connect to cisco wireless. but I cao not connect to my Iphone6(hotspot), my drivers version is 18.33.0.2.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello lucksir,

There are different reasons why a specific Network may not be detected, Here are the initial things you can check:

- If the adapter is the Intel® Wireless-N 7265, this is a single band device that operates in 2.4 GHz. The iPhone* 6, is capable of 802.11ac and 5 GHz connectivity.

- The Intel® Wireless-N 7265 will not work with 5 GHz access points, and can operate with 802.11n network connections or lower. You might want to contact the support team for your phone to confirm the band used for the Hotspot.

- Please check Device Manager - Network adapters and verify the name of the Wireless adapter.

The driver version for you adapter (18.33.0.2) is the latest one available at this time.

0 Kudos
JXu29
Beginner

Hello, Jonathan

Thanks for your reply, but after I checked the setting in the device manage.I found it is the dual brand adpat. Please see the screenshot,,also in the adapt setting, I found 5 GH, so, I think maybe it is not the root cause

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello lucksir,

Please make sure you are using the configuration mentioned in the advisory: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html?wapkw=intel+wi-fi+recommended+settings Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity

Place the computer close the Phone (Access Point) and confirm that your AP is Broadcasting the SSID.

As a second option, you can try adding the Wireless Network manually into Windows* Network and Internet configurations, using the SSID and password.

0 Kudos