Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7445 Discussions

Wireless driver breaks upon reboot

blume
Beginner

I'm having an issue with my wireless driver. Upon restart, I can no longer connect to the internet and it shows no available networks. Using the wireless LAN driver found here:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/z370%20killer%20sliac/index.asp#Download

temporarily fixes the issue until I reboot. Checking event viewer on startup shows an error that states

"Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24FB&SUBSYS_21108086&REV_10\4&16f6c5cc&0&00E5 had a problem starting."

The troubleshooter is unfortunately of no help as it says there is an issue with the driver. The driver support utility shows there is an update available for the driver, but installing that only breaks it again.

I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro, build 19041.985 on an ASRock z370 Killer SLI motherboard. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Hi Blume,

As a test, what happens if you perform power-cycle restarts instead of soft reboots? I ask because a power-cycle causes some additional hardware resets that do not occur on a regular reboot.

And to help others that are likely to jump in on this, has this always been happening with your PC? If not, do you remember when it began ... with a feature update, or BIOS update, driver update?