Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7588 Discussions

With the Intel AX211, it is not possible to use the 5GHz band when using a mobile hotspot

yyyibx
Beginner

I am using a Lenovo Yoga Pro 7i Gen8 RTX3050 model and live in Japan. When I use the AX211 for a mobile hotspot and select 5GHz, I always receive the message, "The selected network band is not available. Please select a different band and try again." However, when I select 2.4GHz, it becomes very slow, but I can still use it. My Wi-Fi router supports IEEE802.11ax and uses the 5GHz 36 channel. Additionally, I am using it indoors. I have seen similar questions and tried clean installs, factory resets, and driver updates, but none of these methods worked. If this is a limitation of the Intel Wi-Fi adapter, I would like to request an improvement.

According to this page: [Intel Support Article](https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000029083/network-and-io/wireless.html), it is stated that the 5GHz hotspot can be used by connecting to an AP with approved 5GHz channels, so I believe I meet the requirements.

0 Kudos
0 Replies