Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

ZeroConfigService.exe stopped working

mhdfirmus
Beginner

Hi, I receive the problem where ZeroConfigService.exe show stopped working in view reliability monitor, I already installed latest version of wireless driver but it keep showing stopped working but I don't found any solution.View Reliability MonitorView Reliability Monitor

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi mhdfirmus, Thank you very much for letting us know those details.

Perfect, it is great to know that after formatting the laptop and installing the driver using Intel® DSA, there is no error report yet. Go ahead, take your time to do further testing, and once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

mhdfirmus, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Intel® wireless card?

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Were you noticing the error problem that you are describing before?

If not, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides updating the driver, that might cause this issue?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
mhdfirmus
Beginner

Hi, Alberto,

The Detail as per below: 

What is the model of the Intel® wireless card?

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168

What is the model of the motherboard?

KBL Ironman_SK V1.99

mhdfirmus_0-1663063864614.png

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

It a laptop, Acer Aspire E5-576G

Is this a new computer?

It 2017 Laptop

Were you noticing the error problem that you are describing before?

The error noticed since I try to solve issue with GPU driver (already solved), that I need to open view reliability monitor.

If not, when did the issue start?

Not sure, before I use Windows 10 also have the same issue about 4 month ago.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides updating the driver, that might cause this issue?

Only change RAM and add HDD

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Come with laptop

Which Windows* version are you using?

Windows 11 22622.598 (The problem also happen even using Windows 10)

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Happen at anywhere

Kindly refer to the Intel SSU detail as per attached.

Thank you for responding.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi mhdfirmus, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

According to the information shown in the SSU report, the wireless driver currently installed on your computer is version 19.51.40.1, which is the latest generic driver version provided by Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?wapkw=ac%203168

We always recommend to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform. 

I looked on Acer's website for the wireless driver for your machine, and the first thing I noticed is that there are no drivers for Windows* 11. The latest wireless driver version they have available is 19.60.0 for Windows* 10. For testing purposes, you can try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7333

We also recommend to get in contact directly with Acer Support first, to make sure that the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your system, and also, to confirm if Windows* 11 was validated by them as an Operating System officially supported by your platform:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
mhdfirmus
Beginner

Dear Alberto,

Before I already use driver provided by manufacture but it also show the same error, then I try to upgrade to the latest and it remine same. Now I already format my laptop and install driver using Intel driver assistant support. Currently no error report yet. If it keep showing I'll try again with manufacture again. I will revert if any update.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi mhdfirmus, Thank you very much for letting us know those details.

Perfect, it is great to know that after formatting the laptop and installing the driver using Intel® DSA, there is no error report yet. Go ahead, take your time to do further testing, and once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
mhdfirmus
Beginner

Dear Alberto,

From my monitoring after clean install Windows 11, no error after install the driver using Intel DSA. I suspect that the issue is when install manufacture and update using Intel DSA it causing error, also the suspect is uninstall manufacture driver and install using Intel DSA is not helping to solve the problem, maybe need to clean install OS. If and error is appear I'll revert.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi mhdfirmus, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

Excellent, we are glad to hear that there is no error after installing the driver using Intel® DSA. And yes, if the problem persists, to reinstall the OS will be a good thing to try. If you are going to do that, please keep in mind to back up the important information you might have on your system first, and then try the clean Windows* installation.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

mhdfirmus
Beginner

Dear Alberto,

Thank you for your helping and information. After 4 days monitoring, not error raise. Thank you for quick respond.

Thank you.

Regards,

Firdaus.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi mhdfirmus, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

Great, it is good to know that after 4-day monitoring there are no more error messages showing on your device.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos