We understand that you use our Intel® PROSet/Wireless Tools to gather basic network testing and analysis. After an update, you're no longer able to register the AP name in our tool.
- Which Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers version are you currently using?
- Is this the drivers and software package provided by your OEM, or from our Download Center?
- In which version was the AP information last displayed correctly?
- Which Operating System(s) are presenting this issue?
- Is the issue only occuring with systems using the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265?
We look forward to hearing back from you.
I hope you were able to read the attachment. It is in outlook msg format. Please confirm if you can read it. Thanks.
We are not upgrading anything. We are installing a new wifi network based on controller based Cisco Access Points, model 1562. This is a model that we have not used yet in our other sites where we don't have the problem.
- The intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers version is 20.0.2. We've seen the same with 19.x and 18.x versions. So it never worked. It only works for us with other Cisco AP models, e.g. 1702, 1552, 1522 BUT NOT with e.g. 1562, 1852. The last 2 models are Linux based AP's from Cisco. It definitely has also got something to do with this, that's why we have also the case open with Cisco TAC. Please also read the complete attachment, where all this is explained. You will find also the airopeek sniffings and analysis of a Cisco engineer. The AP name is for sure sent out in the 802.11 beacons for all AP models. The only difference that we notice is that the 1562 & 1852 models are sending out fewer Vendor Specific Attributes. This might cause the issue.
- We've had the problem with the original drivers from the Panasonic Toughpad, but later also with the drivers that we've downloaded from the Intel Web site.
- OS is Windows10
- We have seen it with N 7260, AC 7260, AC 7265, AC 8260, AC 8265. Most of our Toughpads are using the Dual band AC 7265.
Thank your for this information. We can confirm that we were able to open the email you attached. Our questions and your answers helped us make sure that we understood the problem.
I will send you a private message to request some additional information that we require to look into this matter.
We can keep working this case via email. I sent you an email last December 7th requesting specific information. Please let me know if you received it or reply to the email sent.
We would like to inform that our engineers have identified this issue and a fix will be released in the next version of https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/72252/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Wi-Fi Drivers for Windows® 10. It is important to mention that the fix will apply for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 and newer adapters.
We appreciate your collaboration and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.