Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

ax200 ul way faster than dl, Win11

Jupe
Beginner

Hi,

My son's gaming desktop HP pavillion TG01 is sporting a ASUS PCE-ax3000 PCIe WIFI 6 adapter based on Intel ax200 PCIe m.2 WIFI card. The computer is running Win11 and located 5m or 15ft from Unifi nanoHD router, with 1GbE hardwired uplink to router. Signal has to penetrate one door, otherwise direct connection. For some reason in internal LAN, adapter's UL ~400Mbps is way faster than DL ~250Mbps. I have tested the connection with both LAN speed test lite and TamoSoft troughput test against hard-wired network connected SSD:s. Other computers and mobile devices provide a symmetric connection.

I have scanned through Unifi, Intel and Microsoft Windows forum for remedies and tried all them out with no success. All networking equipment is updated with most recent drivers and firmwares from various OEMs. Roll-back of drivers in Win has no effect. Resetting network connections from Win11 has no effect. I have tried various ax200 drivers from ASUS, Windows Update and Intel. Now currently running with the most recent version available from windows update.

Ax200 adapter settings in Win11 are set to Intel recommended settings. Additionally I have set 5Ghz mode to 802.11ac and MIMO power saving is off.

Please let me know if you have find a remedy to the problem.

/Jupe

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Jupe

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that the ASUS* PCE-AX3000 is a PCIe wireless card from ASUS*.

This type of wireless card is actually considered a third-party device. Although it may come with an Intel® wireless chip and it may use our generic drivers, the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) is Asus* and this is what we call an "OEM integration" (Intel sells the chip to the OEM and they design this PCIe card that includes all the electronic to convert from M.2 to PCIe, they integrate the chip in the PCIe card and provide their own antennas and customized drivers. They also label it with their own brand/model).

In those scenarios, the recommendation is to use the drivers and software provided by ASUS* and to check with their Support team about any related issues (including requesting new updated drivers). This is because they are the proper channel of support and it is supposed that OEMs have access to the Intel® generic drivers so OEMs can make the necessary customizations before providing the drivers to their customers. If additional support is required, we recommend that you contact ASUS* Support for more assistance.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now from our side. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos