Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7440 Discussions

ax210 window 10 21h2 not showing 6GHz networks

btegu
Novice

I purchased a new wifi 6e router ASUS AXE11000 and ax210 cards for PC's. My google pixel 6 phone can see and connect to the 6GHz network but my two ax210 PC's running 21H2 win10 19044.1348 with intel (latest 22.90.0) drivers only show 2.4 and 5GHz networks. I am only finding late 2020 early 2021 articles for 6GHz support should this be working currently?

What is the model of the Router? ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE11000

Is this a new computer? no

When did you purchase it? 2011 / 2020

When did the issue start? when trying to use 6GHz on windows 10 computers for the first time

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue? no

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer? both computers wifi cards were replaced with ax210 models

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? home

1 Solution
XenuIsWatching
Beginner

I spend HOURS on the same issue. None of the links or any of the intel support articles worked... I believe this is from a bad driver regression that intel introduced with their later driver revisions. I could not see my 6GHz SSID with the latest 22.90.0.0.

The number of things I tried.

1. Updating Windows 10 to 21H2... which I did
  2. Checking to make sure I am in the USA where 6GHz is allowed by the FCC.. which I am
  3. Verifying that can I get 6GHz SSID working with Linux Kernel 5.11... which I did. (this proves that my hardware is all working okay and is likely a software/firmware issue)
  4. Trying to get windows insider builds... which I can't because it's all windows 11 right now, and my processor is a 6th gen core and only >=7th gen are supported and I don't have TPM 2.0 on my machine.
  5. Yelling at my computer for a while until I started inventing new swear words...

What found was that reverting back to an old driver, 22.45.1.1, manually after uninstalling (and deleting) the old driver from the device manager worked. I really wished the intel support engineers and QA in their department would do more testing before pushing out releases. I tried even releases such as 22.80.0.0 and 22.70.0.0, but both of those did not work.

To remove the existing intel wireless driver. I followed the following steps

1. Open Windows Device Manager
  2. Find `Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz`
  3. Right click it and select `Uninstall Driver`
    1. Check the box that says `Delete the driver software for this device`
  4. Reboot machine
  5. Open Windows Device Manager
  6. Find `Networking Device` under the `Other devices`
    1. If it's not seen, there. You've probably got another older driver that needs to removed. Repeat Steps uninstalling, until it shows up under other devices
  7. Right click it and select `Update Driver`
  8. Select `Browse my computer for drivers`
  9. Download and unzip attached zip file
  10. Select the unzip folder location and just start clicking next all the way through
  11. Watch as you'll now see 6GHz in wifi networks

View solution in original post

34 Replies
Angst
Beginner

Humm, sorry to hear that. On my post dated 11-24-2022 12:09 PM, I stated, "Now WiFi 6G networks appear as they should running driver ver. 22.180.0.4 on Win11 Pro. Looks like this is a Win10 issue, at least on my Asus TUF A17. "

I have two laptops, both with AMD-based processors. One came with Win11Pro and has always worked fine with the latest Intel driver. The other laptop was running Win10Pro and and and, with newer Intel drivers only showed 2.4G and 5G connections. When I rolled back to v. 2.45.1.1 of the AX210 Intel driver, 6G connected finally appeared and worked as it should. But when i dual booted this same laptop to Win11Pro, everything worked as it should with the latest driver (22.180.0.4).

So, weird.

0 Kudos
Pyro_Fox
Beginner

I don't know what it is, but network discovery is still broken with any driver. No matter what, I cannot discover 6GHz networks on Win 10. That said, I followed some Win 11 instructions and was able to connect to my 6E network using this older driver. You simply need to add the network manually via Manage known networks in Windows settings, then add your 6E network manually. Be sure to select Connect automatically and  Connect even if this network isn't broadcasting, then viola! you should be connected!

0 Kudos
olainolator
Novice

What driver version(s) did you have success with?

0 Kudos
Angst
Beginner

Ver. 22.45.1.1 (for some reason the filename is "intel-wireless-2.45.1.1")

XenuIsWatching has a download link a couple of posts

above

0 Kudos
olainolator
Novice

I tried this with no success.

I followed the previous steps to get rid of all drivers, and proceeded to install the WiFi driver 2.45.1.1

Then I added the WiFi manually via Manage known networks as suggested

Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19045.2604

Intel AX210

Router is TP-link AXE5400 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6E Router

6E is setup like this on the router

WPA3-Personal with WPA3-SAE

I can't believe this does not get more heat than it does.

I am not planning on moving to Windows 11 at all, as the game I play suffers fps penalty from Win 11 unfortunately.

0 Kudos
carverwd
Beginner

Ok, this is a bit late to the game, but I can confirm several things, and this post helped me, so I thought I should give back.

The Intel driver above does work (2.45.1.1) on Windows 10 Pro.  I have two machines (both MSI Laptops, one GS77 i9 12th gen, one GS76 i9 11th gen).  Both Machines have Killer Wireless cards.  Mine is Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX1675i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (211NGW), my wifes is Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX1675x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (210NGW).  
For the Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX1675x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (210NGW).  I manually (replaced by manual add, aka "let me pick", using "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz" for the 210 card (as instructed above), and for the Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX1675i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (211NGW) I used the "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz" (though the 210 might work better, not sure of the difference).  I am on Win10 Pro, 22H2, build 19045.3031 (just  updated recently at time of this righting).  That driver included above appears to have the killer wifi cards present, but I didn't want to screw with it, maybe another day.

Then reboot - one thing I noticed, one of the 6Ghz settings was blank until I rebooted, and then I could comeback and set it again (I did not reboot but one could if they wanted to be paranoid style safe).  I forgot which one it was, but if you find one blank (nothing showing as an option, save it, reboot, it should come back with a setting.)

A few things I tweak in the driver settings (in general, but also for 6GHz):

802.11a/b/g Wireless mode = 5. Dual Band 802.11a/g (no need to us b anymore, shave it off)
802.11n/ac/ax Wireless mode = 4.  802.11ax
ARP offload for WoWLAN = Disabled
(I'll make this simple, most consumer, aka non-server cards, are not able to "offload" so don't bother  all "offloads off" and I do not like or need Wake on LAN and has the potential for hacking harm, so all those off too).
Channel width for 2.4GHz = Auto
Channel width for 5GHz = Auto
Channel width for 6GHz = Auto
Fat Channel Intolerant = Disabled
Global BG Scan blocking = On Good RSSI (this made a difference actually, always also worked sort of and "never" I forget what effect it had)
GTK rekeying for WoWLAN = Enabled
MIMO Power Save Mode = Auto SMPS (this might be worth a play, since 6GHz will to up to 8x8 spacial streams)
Mixed Mode Protection = RTS/CTS Enabled
NS offload for WoWLAN = Disabled
Packet Coalescing = Enabled (this is a good one make sure this is set, even for othe bands if you have this feature)
Perferred Band = 1. No Preference (someone said this made a difference and it had to be default, mine is working @ default)
Roaming Agressiveness = Med-Low (but my wifes is med, that works fine, only 1 AP @ 6GHz  so doesn't really matter, but other bands it does, set to the appropriate setting for your environment)
Sleep on WoWLAN Disconnect = Disabled
Thoughput Booster = Enabled (wifes is disabled, not sure if makes a difference or which is better)
Transmit power = Highest (again, adapt to your environment)
U-ASD support = Disabled
Wake on Magic Packet = Disabled
Wake one Pattern Match = Disabled 

Those are the settings I am currently using.  Now to the meat and potatoes.  I was able to get both laptops on at the same time, I did notice pretty significant ping delays while loading games (MMORGS), and was barely successful with such things.  The thing is, it's buggy as heck, and cuts out frequently.  Could be the cards, could be the AP (TP-Link 690e HD) but my phone was connected to youtube on 6Ghz playing no interuptions, so more likely Microsoft related issue.  Pretty disapointing.  Billy wants to save the world and buy all the farmland to kill us off, but wants us to keep buying more hardware that is made with resources mined by children...go figure. (side rant)   

Anyway, 6GHZ on win10 not really fit for gaming, in my situation.  When I loaded 1 game, it might work, if I loaded the second, both would sudo load, then fail (all while the android was solidly playing 6Ghz youtube, guess linux beat billy at his own game after all.  Maybe take a lesson out of Linus' book there Billy?  Stop playing on rich and famous sicko island and give us better products without the "hassle" of forced upgrades for no hardware reason.  Win10 on 6Ghz works with Killer WiFi with the above driver, but it's buggy, and since I am wired everywhere I want to be?  No reason for any of this charade for me.  Pass Bill...take your strong arm tactics elsewhere.

0 Kudos
edbral
Beginner

I had the same problem, my computer did not detect the 6Ghz band,

Windows 11

My PC is DELL XPS 8910
My Wifi Card is Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210
My Router is Tenda AX5700 - RX27 Pro, Wifi 6E

I solved it in the following way:

1.- Enter the Windows registry "Registry Editor"

2.- I went to: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkCards

Deregister my old wifi card (Wi-fi 5 AC)
      and I only left two records, the one for my LAN card and the one for my Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 card

3.- You must delete each LAN/Wifi connection record (you delete them all) in the following sections (A) and (B):

(A) Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

(B) Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Signatures\Unmanaged

Note: These logs are automatically generated for each band when you achieve a successful connection for the first time. Every time you connect to a different band, press the F5 key to see the updated log.

Each new connection inserts two pairs of records, one in (A) that is used to name the Adapter (you can see it in the adapters: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center) and (B) that is used to name the Adapter. the IconTray tootip and Settings.

4.- Enter the correct names of each connection to avoid confusion:

4.1- First in (A) Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

Edit the "Description" and "ProfileName" fields of each connection record.
(this for the purpose of correctly identifying the connections)

4.2- For each connection record in the previous section (A), a similar one must exist in (B):

(B) Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Signatures\Unmanaged

In order to correctly identify the connections, edit the "Description" and "FirtsNetwork" fields of each connection record.

5.- The changes are immediate, however it may be that the 6Ghz band takes time to appear unlike the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz.

You can disconnect and connect "Wifi Network" in Settings to force refresh. (You have to be patient)

Once the 6Ghz band appears, it will no longer disappear; However, it may always take a while to appear, especially when starting Windows.

But that's another problem. Good luck, I hope this information is useful to you, greetings!!

0 Kudos
edbral
Beginner

I had the same problem, my computer did not detect the 6Ghz band,

Windows 11
My PC is DELL XPS 8910
My Wifi Card is Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210
My Router is Tenda AX5700 - RX27 Pro, Wifi 6E

I solved it in the following way:

1.- Enter the Windows registry "Registry Editor"

2.- I went to: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkCards

Deregister my old wifi card (Wi-fi 5 AC)
and I only left two records, the one for my LAN card and the one for my Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 card

3.- You must delete each LAN/Wifi connection record (you delete them all) in the following sections (A) and (B):

(A) Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

Note: These logs are automatically generated for each band when you achieve a successful connection for the first time. Every time you connect to a different band, press the F5 key to see the updated log.

Each new connection inserts two pairs of records, one in (A) that is used to name the Adapter (you can see it in the adapters: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center) and (B) that is used to name the Adapter. the IconTray Tooltip and Settings.

4.- Enter the correct names of each connection to avoid confusion:

4.1- First in (A) Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

Edit the "Description" and "ProfileName" fields of each connection record.
(this for the purpose of correctly identifying the connections)

4.2- For each connection record in the previous section (A), a similar one must exist in (B):

In order to correctly identify the connections, edit the "Description" and "FirtsNetwork" fields of each connection record.

5.- The changes are immediate, however it may be that the 6Ghz band takes time to appear unlike the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz.

You can disconnect and connect "Wifi Network" in Settings to force refresh. (You have to be patient)

Once the 6Ghz band appears, it will no longer disappear; However, it may always take a while to appear, especially when starting Windows.

But that's another problem. Good luck, I hope this information is useful to you, greetings!!

0 Kudos
edbral
Beginner
good news, today download the updated driver for "Intel AX210 Wi-Fi 6E card" from intel site
specifically the Version: 22.250.0  Date: 9/12/2023
And surprise!, the problem of not seeing the 6Ghz band has finally been fixed.

I can now see the 6Ghz network without any problem.

Driver Links here:

Wi-fi
https://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

Bluetooth
https://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html
0 Kudos
olainolator
Novice
Listen that's great and all, but this thread is not about win11 but win10, as Microsoft decided to remove 6ghz support in an attempt to push people to win11 which supports 6ghz.
So we still need a working solution for win10.
dkirwan83
Novice

can confirm; issue still persists on win10 22h2 with latest wifi drivers - 6ghz band still incompatible with win10

0 Kudos
carverwd
Beginner
So....I tried the new one (22.250.x) this does NOT work for a Killer WiFi AX 1675i 160MHz wireless adapter (211NG). Infact, the exact oposite thing happened. On v22.45, I am able to see 6GHz, on 22.250 it doesnt even see the broadcasting ssid).
0 Kudos
olainolator
Novice
Wait, so you have it working in windows 10 22h2 using the 22.45 driver?
0 Kudos
HowieTung
Beginner

When I rolled back the AX210 driver to version 22.45.1.1, there were no issues. However, the WiFi 6E only worked for a short period of time. If I connected my TV to the computer or used the META QUEST VR headset to connect to the computer, it switched back to 2.4GHz, and I couldn't get back to 6GHz unless I reinstall the driver again. If the frequency exceeds the range that's allowed in my region, can I still use it, or will it be monitored and blocked by authorities? Thank you in advance!!

0 Kudos