The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Please check the following items as they may help:
- Make sure you install Ihttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26240/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo... ntel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 [19.10.0]. Or you may try the latest version available from the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support.
- Apply the configuration from the advisory: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity.
- Manage your wireless networks and try Adding your 5 GHz network manually.
If the issue persists, please provide the following information:
- Was this adapter built from factory with your PC, or is it a custom upgrade?
- Elaborate on how 5 GHz is not working. (Is the SSID not shown? Does it fail to connect? Is the connection lost after it is established?)
We are glad to know you were able to resolve the issue. Feel free to let us know in case you have any other questions.