Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

intel pro/wireless 3945ABG wireless cannot detect/connect to any networks

idata
Employee

hi im using windows 7 32 bit with intel pro/wireless 3945ABG wireless card on an hp dv2000 and starting from today my wireless was unable to detect any networks. wen u mouse over the icon in the lower right corner, it says "not connected - no connections are available" which is not true because my router is right next to me and is working cuz im using ethernet to write this right now and my ipod touch can connect to its wireless. wen i go to the properties it says the device is working properly but its obviously not, and this is what the status looks like:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2549/picbk.jpg

now i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but it didnt help either..

on the hp dv2000 there is a wireless switch which i made sure was on, the light was also blue which means its on (red means its off) but it still wouldnt detect any wireless networks.. what can i do to fix this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Is this the original OS on this notebook? can try contact HP for latest driver

pls check the ip setting, check if the wifi card is getting any ip address

have you tried connecting to other wireless router to test?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

no it came with windows vista i upgraded to 7, i already made sure i have the updated drivers and no its not getting any ip address, its not a problem with anyones router cuz it just flat out cant detect any networks right now, but yes i have tried with other routers and no they cant be detected either.

update: i found out that the WLAN Autoconfig service isnt working! I think that this may be the problem so i tried to start the service but i get the error that says "windows couldnt start wlan autoconfig on local computer. error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start". im pretty sure i have all the dependencies started, i read somewhere that ndsuio and nativewifi filter needed to be on as well, well they arent listed under services but i went into registry editor and made sure the values for these two services were set to 2 which means started.. i restarted and tried to start the wlan autoconfig but still wouldnt work..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same for me. I have this card in a Sony Vaio notebook (Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2). It was working fine until a few days ago. In device manager it is listed as installed, enabled and under properties it says " This device is working properly". If I mouse over the network icon on the taskbar it says wireless netwoks available, but when you try to connect it says windows can't find any networks. There are networks available, my iphone can connect at home ok, and when I am at work the usual list of available networks is not displayed. If I plug in a USB dongle it picks them up ok. I have already tried the following steps:

Reboot.

Ensured the WLAN is switch is set to ON.

Installed the latest driver (13.2.1.0)

Disabled / enabled in device manager.

Uninstalled and scanned for hardware changes in device manager. (Says it's installed and ready to use.)

Installed and run the manual diagnostic tool. It fails on step 1 saying that my device is uninstalled or disabled.

Anything else I can check?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

OK, I thought hard and remembered I installed a Zonealarm firewall update last week. I have had this problem since. I have uninstalled Zonealarm and now my wireless is all working as it should be.

For now I can live with windows vista firewall!

Hope this may help someone else.

0 Kudos