Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7352 Discussions

intel(r) dual band wireless-ac 7265 hosted network

SHoss5
Beginner

I just need to use wifi hotspot. Already try all the ways to solve the problem. Give me any solution otherwise i have to throw my laptop in trash bag.

C:\Users\Shoharab>netsh wlan show driver

Interface name: Wi-Fi

Driver : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

Vendor : Intel Corporation

Provider : Intel

Date : 11/29/2016

Version : 19.30.0.4

INF file : ????

Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver

Radio types supported : 802.11b 802.11g 802.11n 802.11a 802.11ac

FIPS 140-2 mode supported : Yes

802.11w Management Frame Protection supported : Yes

Hosted network supported : No

Authentication and cipher supported in infrastructure mode:

Open None

Open WEP-40bit

Open WEP-104bit

Open WEP

WPA-Enterprise TKIP

WPA-Enterprise CCMP

WPA-Personal TKIP

WPA-Personal CCMP

WPA2-Enterprise TKIP

WPA2-Enterprise CCMP

WPA2-Personal TKIP

WPA2-Personal CCMP

Open Vendor defined

Vendor defined Vendor defined

IHV service present : Yes

IHV adapter OUI : [00 80 86], type: [00]

IHV extensibility DLL path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\IWMSSvc.dll

IHV UI extensibility ClSID: {1bf6cb2d-2ae0-4879-a7aa-a75834fbd0e3}

IHV diagnostics CLSID : {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Wireless Display Supported: Yes (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes)

Can i use hotspot again or not?

Just tell me.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Are you saying that your laptop has a 7265 and you cannot connect to a wifi hotspot?

Did the 7265 come with the laptop, or was it added? If added, by whom?

Doc

0 Kudos
SHoss5
Beginner

Hill,

Yes. its build in. Asus ROG GL552VW.Al_Hill

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Shoharab,

As displayed in your NETSH output, hosted networks are not supported by your adapter. However, if you're using Windows® 10, there is a native mobile hotspot feature that is supported by all of our latest wireless drivers.

A Hosted Network is when a host device emulates the functionality of a wireless router, creating a new network altogether. Mobile hotspots are similar, but they work as an extension of your already existing Ethernet or Wireless network.

Please try the following method:

- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/c60dcfa3-c596-41d4-8c1a-b0d738e1d9fd/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot Use your PC as a mobile hotspot - Microsoft* Support.

If you're using Windows 8.1 or previous, this will not work. For legacy OS versions, you will need to rely on unsupported third-party tools.

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
SHoss5
Beginner

Not working.

I am not using any third party tools. I am just use cmd for start hosted network.

Before upgrade, I used the mobile hotspot by cmd "netsh wlan start hostednetwork".

But now i cant use this anymore. Badly needed to solve this problem as soon as possible.

Please help me to solve this.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Shoharab,

We understand your frustration. The problem is that with Windows® 10, Microsoft* introduced a new driver model called the https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/drivers/network/wifi-universal-driver-model WLAN Device Driver Interface (WDI). The new driver model https://msdn.microsoft.com/windows/hardware/drivers/network/wdi-features-not-carried-over-in-wdi no longer supports Hosted and Ad-hock networks.

Because of this change in the driver model, the Hosted Network feature is no longer available.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
SHoss5
Beginner

Can I ever use this feature again?

I think older version was good for me. But i cant install the older version driver. its automatically updated.

If i have any other way to use this feature then please inform me.

Thanks for understood my frustration. But now i am hopeless.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Shoharab,

Since the decision to stop supporting Hosted Networks was not made by us, but by Microsoft*, we cannot guarantee this feature will be made available again in Windows® 10.

You may try downloading an older wireless driver, or uninstalling your current driver from device manager to allow Windows* to install the inbox driver in it's place. But we cannot guarantee this will make hosted networks work again.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005756.html Uninstalling the Wi-Fi Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005559.html Download the Latest Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos