Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7508 Discussions

my Wifi keeps disconecting once everyday in any game i play

0nathan0
Beginner

hiya intel i am using a intel wifi 6 ax201 160mz wifi adapter and whenever i run a game like roblox or valorant ( most comman ones that i run) it suddenly once a day crashes like just disconnects from my wifi and reconnects even though my my internet is working normally and his happening continuosly for the past month i had reset my computer in hopes it would fix itself and even reinstalled the wifi driver from the intel platform but it hasnt changed,  hope i could get help on it 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @0nathan0

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We sincerely regret this is happening to you, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Please answer the following:

·      Was it working before?

·      Does it happen in other networks?

From the report, we noticed that the BIOS is not up to date, you can download the latest version from here: E16R6IMS.113 (for further assistance with the installation, please contact the system manufacturer).

We highly recommend using the latest OEM driver, please download the file from here: Intel Wireless LAN Driver

Then, follow this process:

a.              Go to Device Manager.

b.              Expand the Network Adapters category.

c.              Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

d.              Make sure to the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

e.              Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

f.               Restart your computer.

g.              Locate the driver previously downloaded and execute it as Administrator.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
0nathan0
Beginner

HIYA 

so ive updated the bios and as soon as it finished the WIFI adapter was installed automatically also ill let you know if the problem persists 

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello 0nathan0

Thank you for the confirmation.

We are glad to hear that for now the issue has been resolved. We will follow up on 12/20/2023 to see if everything is working properly.  

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
0nathan0
Beginner

quick update no longer then 30 mins in a roblox game im met with my first disconnect, when i installed the drivers shown on msi website for the wireless lan it came in a zip file which i then extracted and when I tried to install the setup it isnt installing then i installed the drivers on the intel website and it installed but the problem isnt fixed still

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello 0nathan0

Thank you for letting us know.

We are sorry to hear that the issue persisted. Please allow us to research the issue internally, we will post back as soon as we have any updates.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello 0nathan0

Thank you for waiting.

Just to confirm, does the issue only happens while playing?

Please perform a clean installation of the latest version of Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
0nathan0
Beginner

HIYA 

the problem still presists even though the new drivers are install 

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello 0nathan0

Thank you for following our steps.

Could you please confirm if the issue happens only when you are playing?

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
0nathan0
Beginner

yes it only happens when i play games 

0 Kudos
0nathan0
Beginner

it also now occurs frequently 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello 0nathan0, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Based on your issue, I recommend you try this:

1. Check the "Recommended Settings for 802.11ax Connectivity" article:

2. Try the "Quick Checks to Improve or Fix Wi-Fi Connection Issues" article:

3. Check for pending Windows updates, including the optional ones.

4. Load BIOS settings to default. You may check with MSI to confirm the steps.

5. Try to get in contact with MSI for them to run the tests needed to confirm if there is a hardware or software issue.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
0nathan0
Beginner

thank you for your help

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello 0nathan0, 

Thanks for your response. I will be waiting for your next response with the outcome. Please let me know if you need further support.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello 0nathan0, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello 0nathan0,  

I was checking your thread and noticed that I have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos