Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7438 Discussions

sharing a solution to Sporadic but recurring connection dropouts on an Intel 6235 wireless adapter

gor
Beginner

HI

I suffered from Sporadic but recurring connection dropouts with my NUC 34010. The wireless adapter is Intel 6235.

I followed many discussions and suggestions include those of Intel official representatives but nothing helped.

two weeks ago I discovered by chance that there is a BIOS update that deals exactly with this problem.

I flashed my BIOS and since then there were no dropouts at all!

the link is http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support Intel Customer Support

you should pick desktop boards and then product line, product name, drivers & software and then press FIND.

select download type = BIOS and pick the version that states "Fixing issue where Intel wireless adapters lose connectivity" (mine was version 26 dated May 14th 2014).

download it, flash the BIOS according to the instructions and that's it.

I hope it will help other users that suffered like me and didn't get the right solution so far.

Guy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello guy9,

Welcome to the Intel Support Communities!

Thanks for sharing the details of the issue and the actions you took to solve it. This will be a good reference for other users facing this situation.

0 Kudos