Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

stop zeroconfig

afok
Beginner

how i can stop , preferable automatic, the wifi zeroconfig service, without needing to start it manually after cold start.

reason i have many disconnects daily , reconnect after several minutes, but not always streaming radio continue also.

internet solution is net stop wifi zero config , but net dont support it any more but intels zeroconf looks the replacement.

im retired enjoy my duyan with laptop far from my house, but extender give me gud connection.

stress full to manually reset wifi and or radio during relax.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
afok
Beginner

there is no use to let zeroconfig running.

i just start up my laptop and all works fine even zeroconfig is not running.

but more important 2 problems seems to be solved by stopping zeroconfig

- weird short soft sound frequently disturbing the music (like in the old days speaker wire touching not welt)

- disconnect reduced

so why is zeroconfig running no benefits but several problems including bsod

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello wififrustrated,

We understand you're having issues relating to the Intel® Zero Configuration Service.

We can provide you the steps to install your wireless driver without this additional software. In order to do so, please provide us the following information:

1. What operating system are you currently using? Example, Windows® 10 Home 64-bit

2. What is the model of your Intel® Wireless Adapter?

3. Was this adapter factory installed or an upgrade part?

Alternatively, your could generate an Intel® System Support Utility report and share it with your reply:

1. Download and run the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® System Support Utility.

2. Select to scan "everything," and run the scan while connected to your wireless network (if possible).

3. Save the report and attach it to your reply.

Note: To enable attachments, make sure to switch to the advanced editor while replying.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
afok
Beginner

inspiron 7460

windows 10 single language home 64

dell default ac3165 replaced by dell with other parts after bsod and weird sound

i already notice that stop zeroconfig is no extra attention needed, but still some disconnects but not as many and fast reconnect by wifi off/on

by the way why is ur updater announcing 1 update for several weeks after updating

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello wififrustrated,

The Intel® zeroconfig service helps maintain reliable WiFi connections in areas with radio frequency difficulties by monitoring the link status. This service is also used to manage network profiles, as well as other advanced settings. However, this is only intended to be used with our adapters.

- Was your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 replaced by another Intel® adapter, or a non-Intel® model?

If it was replaced by a non-Intel® adapter, our best recommendation will be to uninstall the any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software" under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, or through Apps & Features in the Windows® 10 settings menu. This should remove our services from your system, and the default Windows® 10 autoconfig tool will take over automatically.

If your adapter was replaced for another Intel® adapter, you may try a clean installation switching to driver only. This will update your drivers without including any additional software:

1. Download and extract our latest IT Admin driver for your adapter and OS: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/2731 WiFi_20.10.2_Driver64_Win10.zip

2. Under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software." When prompted, choose to "discard settings."

3. Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160/3165/7265/8260 (as applicable) and uninstall it. Make sure to mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."

4. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else (unless you're ok with the extra wait) and press OK.

5. Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel® Wireless Adapter again, this time choose to "Update driver software..." > Select the option to "Locate and install driver software manually." Here you will need to direct the wizard to the location where you extracted the IT Admin package back in step one.

6. Reboot your computer.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos