Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

what is event ID 5007 for the intel wireless driver Netwbw04.sys? (NETwNb64 service)

foux
Novice

several times a day, an error ID 5007 occurs that cuts the wifi and bluetooth for 5-10 seconds.

The driver used is the lastest, installed from peripheral manager, not solved the problem, and ID description not included in driver.

W8.1 64bits. intel AC7265

thanks

18 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello foux Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • What is the brand and model your system? • Does the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 come pre-installed on the system? • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. • Have you tried completing a clean install of the the Wireless and Bluetooth? you can follow the steps on the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005756/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
foux
Novice

Hi,

Yes, clean install not remove this intempestive error.

It's preinstalled card, but now with clean OS.

What is the event ID 5007 returned by intel driver without description in driver?

Intel® System Support Utility respect RGPD before attach file that I perhaps can't remove after?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello foux Thank you for the information. I am going to sent you a private email for you to attach the SSU report, this report would be help us look into the behavior that you are having. By the way what is the brand and model of your system? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
foux
Novice

Hi,

I sent you SSU from Lenovo laptop.

My laptop with easy access to make test is Lenovo T450; but same problem with Dell or HP with same intel card and Windows 8.1.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello foux 

Thank you for the information, after looking into your SSU report I am noticing that you have the driver 19.10.16.1; please try completing a cleans installation of the wireless driver (reference link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html) and installed the latest Intel® wireless driver for Windows® 8.1 (reference link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28689/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-8-1-?product=83635) on the system. 

Once you complete the driver install and if the issue persists please provide me with the following information to investigate the behavior: 

• The Windows system event log and WLAN-AutoConfig log

o Steps to collect system event log and WLAN-AutoConfig log

1. In Windows search, search for “event” and select “Event Viewer” 

2. On the left pane, expand “Windows Logs”

3. Right click on “System” and select “Clear Log…”

4. Expand “Applications and Service Logs” -> “Microsoft” -> “Windows” -> “WLANAutoConfig” 

5. Right click on “Operational” and select “Clear Log…”

6. Reproduce issue.

7. Reference above steps (instead of Clear Log… choose Save All Events as…) to save the system event and WLAN-AutoConfig logs in .evtx format.

• Fill up the information on the document attached.

• Provide me with an updated Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*report. 

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
foux
Novice

Hi,

this is already the latest driver! updated recently without intel proset.

Check link description:

20190513_intel.png

I sent you WLANautoconfig events tomorrow and the latest response, wifi driver set to VHT, auto bandwith for 2,4; 5G; must check the office wifi detail

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello foux Have you been able to collect the WLAN-AutoConfig log? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
foux
Novice

Hi,

Sorry, I forgot to send the logs. I just sent them privately

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello foux Thank you for the information, allow me to investigate the behavior and the reports provided, I will be posting back as soon as possible. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello foux

Thank you for waiting.

·        Have you installed the OEM driver instead of Intel drivers with a clean install?

·        Also I would advise checking for BIOS updates.

·        Is this a new system or did the issue started after changes on Hardware or Software?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
foux
Novice

Hi,

previously I use OEM driver with same problem; it's why I make clean install with latest intel driver. Updated more time (not new problem). And recently make another time clean install.

I not reproduce the problem each day, it's random, sometimes I've used the PC for a week without encountering a problem, and sometimes it happens several times a day.

The BIOS already updated, I use since I opened this ticket the latest BIOS,drivers and windows up to date.

It's not new problem, not know when it started, it's why I request you what is ID 5007 returned by your driver.. to investigate and try to solve this problem once and for all, because become very annoying when using an application that can not resume a temporary loss of connection.

thanks

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello foux

Thank for the detail information allow me to look into the information provided. I will be posting back as soon as possible. 

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello foux

Thank you for the information.

Can you tired the WiFi_21.10.1_PROSet64_Win8.1.exe (64-bit) on the following link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28795/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-8-1-

We recommend completing a clean installation of the driver.   

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
foux
Novice

Hi,

I installed the new driver, reported by windows as 19.10.17.2. (25/03/2019) after remove previous.

I will see if that corrects the problem...

But you do not have any info on error code ID: 5007 ? Or it's secret ?

Hoping that this new update solves the problem.

thank you

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello foux

This issue could be related to power management. Can you try de following steps:

Go to Control panel > Power Options > Current Plan

Click on Change plan settings - Click on Change advanced power settings (new window)

Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable

Find Wireless Adapter Settings > Power Saving Mode > Settings > Select Maximum Performance

Also can try disabling it:

Device manager > Wireless Network adapter > Properties > Configure > Advanced then modify Power management settings. or disable it.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello foux

Do you have any updates?

Have you tried the steps provided previously?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
foux
Novice

Hi Leonardo,

I have not reproduced the problem since updating to the new driver and disabled all energy saving in windows.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello foux 

I am glad to hear that the behavior is not happening

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos