Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

wireless bluetooth error

fredloki
Beginner

Despite having tried updating to the latest version, I can't get my wireless bluetooth to work. When checking the system, it says error and reinstalling the drivers doesn't fix the problem. I have a MINIX N42C-4, intel premium CPU N4200 1.10 Ghz processor. The bluetooth icon disappeared, and can't be turned on. This has happened in the past, and after several weeks, it suddenly started working again, despite no new updates made. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello fredloki,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To better assist you I would appreciate if you could provide the following information:

• Do you see any error code in device manager?
  • Where any changes made prior to this behavior?
  • Was this working fine at a certain point?
  • Are you using the original wireless adapter that came with the unit? Or did you perform an upgrade of the device?

Please run the following tool and attach the reports generated.   

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link 

1.       Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

2.      By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

3.       Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

4.       To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I suggest that you do a clean WLAN install. The process for doing so is as follows:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29876 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29849.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings". 
  5. Manually reboot your computer.
  6. In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC xxxx. If none, go to Step 9.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC xxxx and uninstall it, choosing to "Delete the driver software for this device".
  8. Go to Step 5.
  9. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  12. Install the Wireless driver package.
  13. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  14. Enable Internet access.
  15. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

Esteban_D_Intel

Hello fredloki,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
fredloki
Beginner

Hello, after a couple of days with no bluetooth icon, and unable to turn it on, the problem solved itself. Out of the blue, the icon came back without any new action from me. This has also happened in the past, but the previous time it took several weeks, over a month. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello fredloki,

I understand that the issue was resolved and that the unit is currently working as expected.

In case the behaviour reoccurs, remember the steps provided by n_scott_pearson. Those steps are great in case this is related to a driver corruption, however, you may want to check with your Original Equipment manufacturer to discard any possible hardware failure with the device.

As the problem was resolved, we will proceed with the closure of this inquiry, however, If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos