oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1293 Discussions

Base Toolkit 2022.3 Installation problem - Rolls back with Error: Sequence execution failed

hari_muc
Beginner

Hello,

I'm trying to install oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.3 under Windows 10 (with no company-specific OS/Network configurations) & the installation rollsback due to error while installing Intel Distribution for Python, with the following message on the installer GUI

Installation of component has failed.
Component id: intel.oneapi.win.python3, name: Intel® Distribution for Python*, version: 2022.2.0-9572.
Error: Sequence execution failed.

As per this advice from @Roy_A_Intel  on this ticket, for Intel Support to diagnose the problem I have attached the folder:  

C:\Users\LocalUser\AppData\Local\Temp\intel_oneapi_installer\2022.10.07.14.34.46.829

in the zip file below.

Any help in solving the problem is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

- Hari

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Hari,

Thanks for your response. Visual Studio is used as an IDE for the toolkit and is therefore installed before it for integration with the compiler. We were asking the queries as similar issues have arised when incompatible Visual Studio IDE was installed. However, please let us know if the system has any antivirus or file access restrictions enabled.

As for Visual Studio Community Edition, yes, it can work with it. However, please note that our engineering team has tested and documented the compatible Visual Studio versions and their build numbers for integration with the suite & toolkit versions. Therefore, we would recommend you to check & choose from them via the below link.

Intel® Compilers Compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio* Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Hari,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. We appreciate you providing us with the information and the zip file. However, kindly let us know the below details.

• The version of the Visual Studio installed.
  • A copy of the Info (using 'Copy Info') from 'About' of the Help section of Visual Studio.
  • Was the workload 'Desktop Development with C++' selected during the Visual Studio installation?

Looking forward to your update. Hope you have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
hari_muc
Beginner

Hi Soumya,

I am doing this attempt to diagnose a larger problem seen in computers in our office laptops. I have reported it here.

I do not have Visual Studio installed. Is it a must to have it for the Base Toolkit to install without problems? 

Can it work with community edition of the Visual Studio? 

Regards,
Hari

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Hari,

Thanks for your response. Visual Studio is used as an IDE for the toolkit and is therefore installed before it for integration with the compiler. We were asking the queries as similar issues have arised when incompatible Visual Studio IDE was installed. However, please let us know if the system has any antivirus or file access restrictions enabled.

As for Visual Studio Community Edition, yes, it can work with it. However, please note that our engineering team has tested and documented the compatible Visual Studio versions and their build numbers for integration with the suite & toolkit versions. Therefore, we would recommend you to check & choose from them via the below link.

Intel® Compilers Compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio* Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
hari_muc
Beginner

Hello @Soumya_M_Intel ,

Thanks for the update. I was able to install the Base Toolkit after installing atleast a community version of Visual Studio. Seems like it won't install otherwise.
Thank you for the quick response. I request you to close this ticket.

Regards,

Hari

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Hari,

Thanks for your update & for accepting the solution. Glad to know that the installation was successful. Proceeding further, we are closing this thread.

Nonetheless, if you have any further queries or concerns, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. We will be glad to assist you.

Community Forum: https://community.intel.com/t5/Registration-Download-Licensing/bd-p/registration-download-licensing-instal

Hope you have an amazing day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos