oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1373 Discussions

Cannot install package "intel-oneapi-runtime-compilers" from APT repo due to unmet dependencies

johnio
Novice

When trying to install the package "intel-oneapi-runtime-compilers" from the oneAPI APT repository, I get the following error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
intel-oneapi-runtime-compilers : Depends: intel-oneapi-runtime-openmp (= 2023.2.2-47) but 2024.0.0-49819 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RahulC_Intel

Hi John, could you please share the below details for further investigation: 

• OS build on which you are installing the software  
  • Is the installer an online or an offline package?  
  • Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system   
  • Installation Log files or screenshot of an error

0 Kudos
johnio
Novice

Hi!

I am installing on Ubuntu 20.04 docker containers.

I use the following commands to install it:

# Download the key to system keyring
    INTEL_KEY_URL=https://apt.repos.intel.com/intel-gpg-keys/GPG-PUB-KEY-INTEL-SW-PRODUCTS.PUB
    wget -O- $INTEL_KEY_URL | gpg --dearmor | tee /usr/share/keyrings/oneapi-archive-keyring.gpg > /dev/null || exit $?

# Add signed entry to apt sources and configure the APT client to use Intel repository
    echo "deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/oneapi-archive-keyring.gpg] https://apt.repos.intel.com/oneapi all main" | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/oneAPI.list || exit $?
    apt update || exit $?

# Install the OpenCL runtime
    apt --assume-yes install intel-oneapi-runtime-opencl intel-oneapi-runtime-compilers || exit $?

There are no other installations present in the container.

I already sent the error message:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
intel-oneapi-runtime-compilers : Depends: intel-oneapi-runtime-openmp (= 2023.2.2-47) but 2024.0.0-49819 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi John, thank you for sharing the details with us. Kindly refer to the link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/oneapi/installation-guide-linux/2024-0/apt.html, follow the troubleshooting steps and resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
johnio
Novice

I ended up changing to the -2024 version of the packages (intel-oneapi-runtime-opencl-2024 intel-oneapi-runtime-compilers-2024) after finding a way to solve this other issue: Solved: clinfo lists 0 platforms on ubuntu 20.04 - Intel Community

Still I think it is not good that the old packages are now broken after the repository was updated.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi John, we have sent you a private message. Kindly check your inbox.

0 Kudos