oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1380 Discussions

How to check the version of installed/sourced oneapi base toolkit ?

Vishnu_Madhu

I have installed oneapi basetoolkit at /opt/intel/oneapi and now I have forgotten which version of the toolkit I had installed. Is there a way to check the version of the installed oneapi toolkit through the command line ?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Vishnu, to check the version of the Intel® oneAPI toolkit installed on your system, you can use the following command:

source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh

source /opt/intel/oneapi/latest/setvars.sh && oneapi-cli --version

The above commands will display the version of the Intel® oneAPI toolkit installed on your system. It also displays the version of the Intel® Compiler (icx) installed on your system. You can replace 'icx' with other Intel® oneAPI tools like 'ifx' for the Intel® Fortran Compiler, 'idp' for the Intel® Distribution for Python, etc., to check their versions as well.

Note: Please ensure that the 'setvars.sh' script is located in the correct directory. If not, then you can use the below command and replace the "/opt/intel/oneapi/base/" with the actual installation directory:

cat /opt/intel/oneapi/base/version.txt

You can also check by using the option --list-products; you can get the list of downloaded products, their IDs, versions and statuses (installed/not installed). Use together with the --instance option to get the list of available products in a specific instance.

For example: sh ./l_[Toolkit Name]Kit_[version].sh -a --list-products --instance=<instance ID>.

Please refer to the Intel® oneAPI Toolkits Installation Guide for Linux* OS for more information.

0 Kudos
Vishnu_Madhu

Thanks, I tried the suggested methods but it doesn't seem to work.

Followed the below steps:

1. Installed oneapi basetoolkit 2024.0.1.46 (version taken from the filename --> l_BaseKit_p_2024.0.1.46_offline.sh)

2. Ran '$ oneapi-cli version' which returns 'devel'

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Vishnu, we have sent you a private message. Kindly check your community inbox.

0 Kudos