oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Installation error for oneapi BaseKit 2024

rluppold
Beginner

An error was encountered during the installation process. Log file message stated:

Message: Starting execution of operation 'intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp-compiler.ide.vs2019,v=2021.3.0-306'

Error: Removal of component has failed.

Component id: intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp-compiler.ide.vs2019, name: IDE DPCPP for Visual Studio 2019, version: 2021.3.0-306.
Error: Sequence execution failed.

System information:

Version: 23H2

OS Build: 22631.3155

IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019

Version: 16.11.34

The installation log file is enclosed with this message.  Please advise on a methodology for resolving this issue. If more information is required, then please contact me ASAP. Your assistance in resolving would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Robert,  Could you please share the below details with us?

• Exact version of Intel® oneAPI Base toolkit or version of Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler (in case you're using Stand-Alone Version).
  • Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system.
  • Is the installer an online or an offline package? 

To assist you further, we would require these details.

0 Kudos
rluppold
Beginner
  1. Intel® oneAPI Base toolkit Version: 2024.0.1.45_offline
  2. I uninstalled all previous versions of the Base Toolkit and HPC Toolkit
  3. After performing these uninstalls the problem still persisted
  4. Then I uninstalled Visual Studio 2019 Community version
  5. Then I installed Visual Studio 2022 Community version
  6. The installation of oneAPI Base Toolkit 2024.0.1.45_offine then proceeded without incurring the error reported in my initial post.

The conclusion that I drew from this experience was the previous versions of oneAPI did not successfully integrate with Visual Studio 2019 and the removal of both the older oneAPI code and Visual Studio 2019 eliminated the problem. The bottom line is that I can currently build and run all of the oneAPI Basekit sample code.

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Robert, thank you for your confirmation. We are glad that the issue has been resolved.  

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos