oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Installer Crashes

Lee_In_WV
Beginner

I am trying to install parallel_studio_xe_2020_update4 on a windows 2016 server with Visual Studio 2017(15.9.54). The installer crashes with this message:

"An Unhandled Microsoft .Net Framework exception occurred in install.exe [8680].

I am unfamiliar with the product.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Lee, please share the below information with us:

- OS build on which you are installing the software

- Is the installer an online or an offline package?

- Version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with it's build version

- Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system

- Screenshots of the error screen

- Installation Log files.

The default path for a log file for a oneAPI installation is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

The default path for a log file for a Parallel Studio XE installation is: %temp%\pset_tmp_PSXE<version>_<username>

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
Lee_In_WV
Beginner

The OS is windows 2016 Std.

I believe this is an offline package.

The VS version is Community 2017(15.9.54)

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 1 is installed and I am unable to uninstall.

Please see the attached logs.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Lee, please follow the below steps regarding the uninstallation and following installation:

• Close Intel® installers if any.
  • Uninstall all Microsoft Visual Studio instances and Visual Studio Installer.
  • Important: check that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does not exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using

REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll

command in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Lee, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos