oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1284 Discussions

Intel OneApi Installation Issue with MS Visual Studio 2022 (v 17.4.0)

macxfadz
Novice

Please go through the attached images.

Also Please find the attached error log file, I've tried several times to solve this issue,
Could you facilitate a solution without uninstalling the current visual studio? or else do we have to wait until the next release of OneAPI ?ErrorErrorInstaller VersionInstaller VersionWindows 11 Version InfoWindows 11 Version InfoVisual Studio 2022 version infoVisual Studio 2022 version infoInstaller All selectionsInstaller All selectionsSelecting the VSSelecting the VS

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi macxfadz,

Thanks for sharing the information, screenshots & log with us. Kindly go through the below steps and share the following. They will allow us to check on the issue better.

• In your keyboard, press Win+R
  • In the Run dialog box, type: %temp% and hit Enter
  • In the temp directory, right click on any blank space and go to select Properties from the drop down menu. It should open the Temp properties dialog box.
  • In the Temp properties dialog box, check the Attributes section at the bottom
  • You should find Read Only as selected. Click on the Hidden option as well and select Apply
  • In the new dialog box that appears, select the option: Apply changes to this folder, subfolder and files.
  • It should show all the files including the hidden ones. Please share the hidden logs with us.

Looking forward to your update.

Regards,

Soumya

macxfadz
Novice

Please find the attached folder zip - tmp.zip

I uninstalled the VS2022 and reinstalled it again and repeated the OneAPI installer same results as always :(. 

Temp_log.jpg

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi macxfadz,

I checked with our higher team based on the details. The only workaround without uninstalling the current version is to back up and substitute Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll from the path: 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll' by the library from Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 (mentioned below) for the time of installation of the toolkit, and then move the original one back.

2019 Required DLL Version -

File version: 2.6.2111.5687

Product Version: 2.6.2111+3716221855

Please note that this library is being upgraded by Microsoft Visual Studio, so if Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 has ever been installed on a system, the library in it will most likely be of the new (problematic) version. You would need a clean machine to obtain the older version of the library by installing Microsoft Visual Studio 2019.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
macxfadz
Novice

So, I must install VC 2019 alongside with VS2022? or else when will you release next version of ONEAPI?

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi macxfadz,

Thanks for the update on the thread. We apologize for the confusion. We will try to clarify better. Installing the Visual Studio 2019 alongside 2022 would not provide the required dll library as Visual Studio 2022 has already been installed on the system.

As mentioned previously if Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 has ever been installed on a system, the library in it will most likely be of the new (problematic) version. You would need a clean machine where Visual Studio 2022 has never been installed to obtain the required version of the library by installing Microsoft Visual Studio 2019.

As much as we would like to assist you with information regarding the next release, it is an Intel® policy that we would not be able to disclose road-map information that has not already been made public. 

I have also checked with our higher team if there's any information on the matter that we could provide. However, there is none available while abiding by our policies. We understand that this might be an inconvenience or a source of frustration for our users. However, it cannot be helped as this is corporate policy. Hope for your understanding. 

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
macxfadz
Novice

@Soumya_M_Intel  Thank you very much for the info, I will be waiting for next release since it's bit harder for me to clean and re-install Visual Studio version back and forth, but for the time being I attached with those DLLs for your convenience  you might can request upper development level teams to disassemble and find a root case for it (If that option is available, using IDA Pro or any sort of reverse Engineering tool).
Thank you very much if you have any latest updates or solutions, please post here :).
Looking forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi macxfadz,

Based on your update on the thread, we have re-checked with our higher team. However, the only option regarding the DLL library swap was the previously mentioned workaround. This is because Visual Studio is a Microsoft product.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
macxfadz
Novice

I have already forwarded this thread to MSDN as well, Microsoft respective Visual Studio queries.

For your convenience here is the link again - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1086376/intel-oneapi-installation-issue-with-ms-visual-stu.html 

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi macxfadz,

We are checking with our higher team if there is any other way through which we can assist you resolve the concern. Please wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi macxfadz,

Thanks for your patience while we were checking with our higher team. They have recently come across incompatibility issues between Visual Studio 17.4 and product version 2022.3 of our toolkits. We apologize for it. However, Visual Studio 17.4 is not a validated Visual Studio version for the toolkit version and due to the issue it is not being recommended at the moment.

Note: “Validated” means that at the time we began building, packaging, and testing our compiler for an 2022.3 toolkit release, the stable Visual Studio version 17.4 was not available for testing and validating for official support. You may try using it, however, it may or may not work.

Please visit the below link to find validated Visual Studio versions for the version 2022.3 of our toolkits. 

Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

Nonetheless, this issue will be addressed in the coming weeks. We recommend continuing to use Visual Studio 17.3.x until our next version is released in a few weeks.

We understand from the forum thread you have shared that the user was able to install the product with the Visual Studio 17.4 installed. However, it is not working properly for every user on every attempt.

Also, as you had mentioned in the beginning, we are limited to workarounds that do not involve uninstalling Visual Studio. We have a workaround that we generally share to begin with, however, due to the mentioned limitation, keeping that aside the only option is swapping dll library.

However, if you wish we can share that workaround.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
macxfadz
Novice

@Soumya_M_Intel  Thank you for your all attention,  I will be waiting until next release, since I am tightly bounded with integration with my current VS updated version, Soumya please update this thread as soon as possible when you find out workaround or next coming release.
Thank you very much for your quick response, highly appreciated.
One more thing could you pass these suggestions to upper teams that maintain and sync up with VS dev team with their upcoming releases, I know it's something cooperate level stuff, but at least the issue could be some slight changes in installer scripts or config files.
It will save all our time and effort to rather than fixing these sorts of problems.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi macxfadz,

Thanks for your feedback and patience while we were checking with our higher team. We appreciate you sharing the suggestions in your feedback and have passed them on to the team.

They have mentioned that they are planning to address it in the next release. We have also been updated that it is planned to be released before the end of the year.

Proceeding further, we are closing this thread. However, if you have any other concerns, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Hope you have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos