oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Problem installing basekit & hpc 2024

Jaap0602
Beginner

I just updated to VS17.8.3. This caused a problem finding the Intel Fortran compiler (2023.2). This led to my decision to also update to the latest OneApi 2024 assuming everything should be working together.

After downloading and starting the basekit installer I get an error 'Bad Image' 

Jaap0602_0-1704279518217.png

After pressing OK I can proceed, but after about 96% complete the installer gets stuck and does not finish the installation.

This problem also occurs with the HPC installer.

Any ideas what goes wrong here?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jaap0602
Beginner

I managed to solve the dll issue by reinstalling the dll. However now I am faced with an issue that the basekit installer somehow corrupts the VS installation, because I cannot launch VS anymore after the basekit has been installed. This forces me to repair the VS installation.

0 Kudos
Jaap0602
Beginner

I managed to install both kits but I still run into installation issues:

When installing the installer:

- it does not create an environment variable called CMPLR_ROOT which would have to point to the latest compiler used. Previous HCP installers for Windows did this correctly.

- it creates an environment variable called IFORT_COMPILER24 which points to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2024.0\windows. However this path does not exist. I would expect it to point to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2024.0\latest.

- it does not install the VSIXInstaller which is necessary for debugging.

After changing IFORT_COMPILER24  to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2024.0\latest it cannot find the ifort compiler in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2024.0\latest\bin\intel64\ifort.exe. Also this path does not exist.

So I am lost and I going to reinstall 2023.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

I'm moving this post to the Installation Forum. They are the best to help you resolve this.

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Jaap, kindly share the below details:

• Version and update number of Intel® oneAPI Base toolkit and Intel® oneAPI HPC toolkit.
  • Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system.
  • Is the installer an online or an offline package? 
  • Installation Log files.
    • The default path for a log file for a oneAPI installation is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Jaap, unfortunately, we were unable to hear back from you. 

If you have any further queries, please post a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos