oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1290 Discussions

Problem with Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows with MKL

Ewa
Novice

I have a problem with installing Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows with MKL library on a new computer.

This software was purchased for me by institution which I am employed in December 2020 (2020-12-18) and successfully installed on my old computer. Unfortunately, support for the software has expired so far.

By clicking on the software installation link on a new computer I was redirected to the Intel registration page. I have entered my official (work) e-mail address and serial number of the product, which I needed to provide before installing the product in 2020. However, something failed (was it because of the loss of support for the product ?).

I have contacted the distributor of Intel products in Poland (Gambit company) and received information that reinstalling without current support requires to use a license file instead of a serial number.

Therefore, I would like to kindly ask you to provide me (if possible) with the license file for the purchased software.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Ewa, are you aware that since a couple of years the Intel OneAPI Fortran and C/C++ compilers are being provided with no need for licenses? For most users, including perhaps you, the new OneAPI compiler will perform just as well as, if not better than, the old licensed compiler versions.

Please see this thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/Intel-Fortran-Compiler-Information-and-Frequently-Asked/m-p/1329533#M158339 .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Ewa, are you aware that since a couple of years the Intel OneAPI Fortran and C/C++ compilers are being provided with no need for licenses? For most users, including perhaps you, the new OneAPI compiler will perform just as well as, if not better than, the old licensed compiler versions.

Please see this thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/Intel-Fortran-Compiler-Information-and-Frequently-Asked/m-p/1329533#M158339 .

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

@Ewa@mecej4 is correct about the latest compilers and MKL that are part of oneAPI. They are free and there's no need for a license file. There are also new features, bug and security fixes you'll miss with the old version.

I'm moving this thread over to the Installation Forum. They might be able to help with a license file.

0 Kudos
Ewa
Novice

Problem successfully solved !

@mecej4 , @Barbara_P_Intel  thank you very much for your valuable and accurate tips !

As long as I was working using old (licensed) software, I didn't pay attention to other options.
I've installed OneAPI (Base, Base 32-bit and HPC) with Fortran Compiler and MKL (32-bit) library.
Now it's time to test new software functionality.

0 Kudos
Ewa
Novice

I've tested the installed software on a few "old" programs, so far they work without problems