oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1292 Discussions

Problem with installing oneAPI on Linux red hat 8

hardcore_cat
Beginner

Good afternoon colleagues! I cannot install oneAPI base toolkit on linux red hat 8. The installation gets to the point where it says about Python and starts to refuse to change back and an error window appears. What am i doing wrong? My friends on Debian 10 and 11 have no such problems, on Ubuntu also everything works fine. What do I need to do to install it correctly on Red hat 8?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi hardcore_cat,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. To reply back, we are considering that you are trying to install the latest Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit version i.e. 2022.2. However, please feel free to let us know if the version is different.

Kindly note, our engineering team has tested and documented supported operating system versions for toolkit and its components. Among them, the RHEL 8.x is not a supported version for the Intel® Distribution for Python 2022.1. The RHEL 8.x is a supported operating system version for Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.2.

However, kindly know that individual toolkit components may support different operating systems and architecture configurations than the toolkit as a whole. Therefore, it is recommended to check the individual tool release notes for full details.

Note: When an operating system version is stated as 'unsupported', it means that it has not been validated. You may trying installing/using the toolkit (or its component) on it. However, if the issue is not replicated on a supported operating system version then we would not be able to check further with our engineering team regarding it.

Intel® Distribution for Python* Release Notes and New Featureshttps://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/distribution-for-python-release-notes.html

The Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.2 contains Intel® Distribution for Python 2022.1. Therefore, you may check the below release note for its supported operating system requirements.

Linkhttps://www.intel.com/content/dam/develop/external/us/en/documents/2022_Python_Release_Notes_Intel(R)_Distribution_for_Python-Release1.pdf

Kindly try on a supported operating system version. You may also try installing by de-selecting the Intel® Distribution for Python* component in the installer by customizing the installation before starting it (if the component is not required and you are trying on the same system). Please let us know if the issue persists. Looking forward to your update.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi hardcore_cat,

Please let us know if have are any further queries or concerns. We would be glad to assist you with them.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi hardcore_cat,

We understand that you might be looking into the issue. However, this is to update you that we have not heard from you on our previous responses. Please reply within the next 24 business hours to keep this thread active.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos