oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1258 Discussions

Reapply student license for Parallel Studio XE

BEI
Novice

Hi,

I am a PhD student and have registered a student license for the Parallel Studio XE last year. My license has expired and I want to reapply for a new license. But there seems to be a problem every time I visit the link https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/forms/?productid=2867. And I cannot find where to reapply for a new license in the registration center, which the link redirects me to.

Can anyone help me with it? Thank you!!!

Best,

Bessie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Nupur_K_Intel

We would like to inform you that our websites were recently modified as Intel® Parallel Studio XE transitioned to Intel® oneAPI. Intel® oneAPI Toolkits are the next generation of standards-based Intel® Software Development Tools used to build and deploy high-performance, data-centric applications across diverse architectures. The transition from Intel® Parallel Studio XE to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits delivers additional capabilities through existing tools and new tools.

Intel®​ oneAPI Toolkit Products – The following shows how your product maps to the equivalent Intel® oneAPI Toolkits.

The Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit are available for Windows*, Linux*, and macOS*. Intel® oneAPI IOT Toolkit is available for Windows and Linux.

• Qualification – No qualification is required.
  • Support – All Intel® oneAPI Toolkits are available at no cost and include community forum support. Community Forums
  • Licensing – Install and run the tools under the terms of use found in the End User License Agreement. No license files are needed.

Please click on the below link and choose the product you wanted to download.

Link - https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/qualify-for-free-software.html#student...

Note - Make sure to download and install first the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and then add Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit or the toolkit of your choice

0 Kudos
BEI
Novice

Thanks for your reply. However, I prefer to continue using my original package as all my other programs are complied based on it. Is there any way for me to reapply for a license? Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Nupur_K_Intel

Hi, Please note that earlier we used to provide free licenses and free software packages to Educators, Students, and Researchers to install Intel® Parallel Studio XE. Now, with the transition to Intel® oneAPI, we do not provide free licenses. Students, Educators, Researchers can download and install Intel® oneAPI software package for free without a license.

However, if you wish you can apply for an academic license, we suggest you to email the academic department directly at academicdevelopersinfo@intel.com (this may take up to two weeks for a response).

You can also opt for purchasing a license to use your previous package. To make the choice about purchasing a license, you may use the below link.

Distributors & Resellers Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/resellers.html

Have a nice day ahead!

0 Kudos
BEI
Novice

Hi, Thanks for your reply. But I still have some questions and hope to have some suggestions.

1. Do I have to uninstall my original Parallel Studio XE before transitioning to oneAPI?
  2. After installing oneAPI, do I need to re-compile all my other programs, which have been complied with Parallel Studio XE?
  3. According to the system requirements of oneAPI, CentOS 7 do not support oneCCL, oneDNN, and Intel oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler. Without these components, will the oneAPI cover all the features of Parallel Studio XE?

I really hope to have some advice on these questions. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
NunziaLe
Beginner

Hi,

have you managed to get a new academic license? I'm facing the same issue and I'm waiting for an answer from the academic department.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
BEI
Novice

Hi,

I have contacted a local distributor for purchasing the academic license. But they told me that there is no Parallel Studio XE anymore, and I can only buy the academic license for oneAPI base and HPC toolkits. I am not sure whether I should upgrade to oneAPI or not. I am afraid that I have to re-compile all my other programs if I upgrade to oneAPI ......

0 Kudos
NunziaLe
Beginner

I understand. What about the Intel academic department? Any reply?

0 Kudos
BEI
Novice

They replied but the solution is not very helpful. I attached the email here. Hope that you will get a more helpful reply and we can solve this problem.

BEI_2-1610967094207.png

0 Kudos
NunziaLe
Beginner

I agree with you, it's not helpful at all...

0 Kudos
NunziaLe
Beginner

Hi,

just for information, I've emailed the Intel academic department to ask about the renewal of the student license. According to their reply, the team that managed the student program in the past will be updating the webpage with direction soon. 

0 Kudos
Kamalendu
New Contributor I

@NunziaLe  Thanks for your efforts. I hope they resolve this issue soon. 

0 Kudos
Wade_W_
Beginner

Did you manage to locate any new directions to renew the student, educator license? Thanks!

0 Kudos