oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Renewing open source developer license

eldiener
New Contributor I

I have had open source developer licenses for both Parallel Studio XE on Windows and Linux because I am a maintainer and developer of some Boost C++ libraries. Both licenses have ended with the end of 2020. How can I renew these licenses ? Without renewed licenses I can no longer run tests against Parallel Studio XE in either Windows or Linux without being told that my license has expired. If I can not renew these licenses I will just remove Parallel Studio XE from my computer since I can no longer test it without a license, and use the oneAPI product, if that is what Intel wants.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Edward, please note that free licenses cannot be renewed. You have to re-apply for a new product. However, since the transition to Intel® oneAPI, you would not need a license to install a oneAPI product. Licenses are only available for commercial and academic license types. If you want to purchase/renew a commercial or academic license, please contact your nearest distributor/re-seller. Please click here: Distributors & Resellers, and select your country from the drop down menu. You will be provided with the contact information of your nearest resellers/distributors.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Edward, please note that free licenses cannot be renewed. You have to re-apply for a new product. However, since the transition to Intel® oneAPI, you would not need a license to install a oneAPI product. Licenses are only available for commercial and academic license types. If you want to purchase/renew a commercial or academic license, please contact your nearest distributor/re-seller. Please click here: Distributors & Resellers, and select your country from the drop down menu. You will be provided with the contact information of your nearest resellers/distributors.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
eldiener
New Contributor I

OK. Well I will then stop testing Parallel Studio XE, and remove the releases I have installed from my computer on both Windows and Linux. This is evidently what Intel wants when it decided not to renew open source developer licenses for the Parallel Studio XE product. I will look into testing the oneAPI product if I have time to do so.

0 Kudos