oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Support for ARM CPUs

ChrisPeart
Novice

Hi,

Is there or will there be support for ARM processors for the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit.

I have login nodes running SUSE 15 SP5 aarch64 and require the oneAPI Base Toolkit to compile apps etc to run across our multi architecture clusters.

I have looked on the Intel site and cannot find any information on this, is this something that will be introduced in the future or not going to happen for the foreseeable?

If this unavailable, is there a repo where i can obtain the source code so i can try and create this myself please?

Many Thanks,

Chris

1 Solution
Ethan_F_Intel

Hi Chris,

To my knowledge there is no support for ARM CPUs through oneAPI nor is there any plan to support them. There does exist some support for ARM and RISC-V accelerators through the oneAPI Construction Kit provided by Codeplay, but this is currently only experimental.

Much of oneAPI is open source here on Github, though it would likely take tremendous effort to try and implement ARM support yourself.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChrisPeart
Novice

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply confirming this!

Please could you provide a link to the official GitHub repos as the link you put previously is something different?

Many Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@ChrisPeart     Michael is a spammer.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos
ChrisPeart
Novice

Thanks for alerting me to this, i thought the link the Michael provided was a bit strange!

Could you let me know if there is a git repo where i can pull down stuff require to build oneAPI Base Toolkit please?

Many Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

oneAPI is not my area of expertise.   One of the moderators or employees will get back to you.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Chris, we would like to inform you that we are routing your query to the dedicated team for further assistance.

0 Kudos
ChrisPeart
Novice

Thanks Vipin

0 Kudos
Ethan_F_Intel

Hi Chris,

To my knowledge there is no support for ARM CPUs through oneAPI nor is there any plan to support them. There does exist some support for ARM and RISC-V accelerators through the oneAPI Construction Kit provided by Codeplay, but this is currently only experimental.

Much of oneAPI is open source here on Github, though it would likely take tremendous effort to try and implement ARM support yourself.

0 Kudos