oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1390 Discussions

Unable to Complete Installation Removal oneAPI Toolkit v. 2021

abcgg
Novice

Attempting to remove all of VS and Intel Fortran since apparently VS must be installed before Intel Fortran for the Fortran IDE and Copilot to work. 

I had uninstalled several components when it reported:

"An error has been encountered during the installation process.  Detailed installation log files are located under c:\users..."

Log file attached.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
abcgg
Novice

Thanks for the list of compatibly-tested versions of Visual Studio.  However none of them satisfy my entire purpose of using oneAPI and VS.  The whole point is access to GitHub's Copilot.  Copilot requires Visual Studio 2022 version 17.4.4 or later.  

Initial testing with the latest VS and oneAPI Fortran finds the 2 are cooperating.  That is VS version 2022 version 17.5.0 and oneAPI BaseToolKit 2022.2.0.252 and HOC (Fortran) version 2022.2.0.173.   And cooperating means Copilot is offering suggestions and allowing their insertion.  Plus the Fortran IDE syntax highlighting is working. 

Thanks to Intel for resolving the issue caused by Microsoft's minor revision change at 17.3. 

To help anyone else with a conflict between Intel Fortran and VS see article at (near bottom of long article):

https://code.usgs.gov/modflow/mf-owhm/-/blob/main/doc/Visual_Studio_and_Intel_Fortran_Installation_Guide.md

VS must be installed first.   An incurable incompatibility will occur if Intel Fortran installs first.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi abcgg,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Appreciate the shared log. However, kindly let us know the below details. They will allow us to understand the situation better.

• The version of the Windows operating system.
  • A screenshot of the error in GUI installer, if available.
  • What are the versions of Visual Studio currently installed & recently uninstalled (if any)?
  • Copies of the Info (using 'Copy Info') from 'About' of the Help section of Visual Studio (for all versions that are currently installed). 
  • From our understanding you are trying to uninstall the w_BaseKit_p_2021.1.0.2664 product package. However, what are the other versions of Intel® product toolkits (i.e. Intel® OneAPI Toolkit) & suites (i.e. Intel® Parallel Studio XE) or their components still installed & recently uninstalled?

Looking forward to your update.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
abcgg
Novice

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

I was using VS community, a newer version, but don't know which.

Sorry, I can't provide any more info.  All of VS and Intel s/w has been ripped out.  I'm part way re-installing with the latest of VS and Intel Fortran.  Hopefully this will fix the conflict between Intel Fortran IDE and Copilot. 

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the details. However, kindly note, downloading the latest version of Visual Studio would not support the Intel® Base Toolkit version 2021.1. You may try installing one of the following Visual Studio version builds.

• VS 2017 15.9
  • VS 2019 16.7
  • VS 2019 16.8.0 Preview 5

Note: Our engineering team has tested and documented the compatible Visual Studio versions and their build numbers for integration with the toolkit versions. Because of that, as mentioned above, Intel® recommends users to check and choose from the below link.

Intel® Compilers Compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio* Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

However, please let us know if the issue persists even after trying with a compatible Visual Studio version or if there are any further concerns regarding the same. Looking forward to your update.

Hope you have a great day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

Soumya_M_Intel

Hi,

Please let us know if the issue persists even after trying with a compatible Visual Studio version or if there are any further concerns regarding the same. 

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
abcgg
Novice

Thanks for the list of compatibly-tested versions of Visual Studio.  However none of them satisfy my entire purpose of using oneAPI and VS.  The whole point is access to GitHub's Copilot.  Copilot requires Visual Studio 2022 version 17.4.4 or later.  

Initial testing with the latest VS and oneAPI Fortran finds the 2 are cooperating.  That is VS version 2022 version 17.5.0 and oneAPI BaseToolKit 2022.2.0.252 and HOC (Fortran) version 2022.2.0.173.   And cooperating means Copilot is offering suggestions and allowing their insertion.  Plus the Fortran IDE syntax highlighting is working. 

Thanks to Intel for resolving the issue caused by Microsoft's minor revision change at 17.3. 

To help anyone else with a conflict between Intel Fortran and VS see article at (near bottom of long article):

https://code.usgs.gov/modflow/mf-owhm/-/blob/main/doc/Visual_Studio_and_Intel_Fortran_Installation_Guide.md

VS must be installed first.   An incurable incompatibility will occur if Intel Fortran installs first.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your update on the thread. Glad to know that the issue is resolved. Proceeding further we are closing this thread. However, if you need any additional information, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

If you have any post-installation and post-integration concerns related to the Intel® Fortran Compiler, you may post it in the below forum. Our concerned internal team will get back to you there in a timely manner.

Intel® Fortran Compiler Community Link: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/bd-p/fortran-compiler

Hope you have a great day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos