oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1429 Discussions

Visual Studio Installation on Windows on ARM

BrandonBownds
Beginner

When trying to install oneAPI on Windows on ARM I get the following error:
Execution of C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\ServiceHub\Services\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Service\VSIXInstaller.exe failed with exit code 2003

This seems to be because the vsixmanifest for the Visual Studio extension requires an amd64 architecture. Changing the ProductArchitecture to arm64 does not work because the signature is no longer valid for the vsix file.

Are there any plans to support an ARM64 architecture? The Intel compilers themselves seem to install correctly, but I am unable to connect these with the Visual Studio extensions.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Brandon, we have sent a private message and asked for some confidential information. Please check your inbox and share the details via private message.

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Brandon, we would really appreciate it if you could share the developments of your query with us. We await your response. 

Have a nice day! 

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Brandon, thank you for sharing the information. Please find the below versions of Visual Studio which are compatible versions with Intel® oneAPI 2023.2 and 2022.2

For Intel® oneAPI Version: 2023.2-

• Upto VS 2022 17.2.6 (ICC)        
  • Upto VS 2022 17.6.4          
  • VS 2019 16.11.27

For Intel® oneAPI Version: 2022.2-

• VS2022 17.0.2
  • VS2019 16.11.2
  • VS2017 15.9.34
  • VS2022 17.1.0 (limited testing)
  • VS2019 16.11.8
  • VS2022 17.2.0 is NOT supported for IFORT and IFX

For more reference, please click on the below link:

Intel® Compilers Compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio* and Xcode**

Also, please be informed about the Common Hardware Requirements

CPUs:

Systems based on Intel® 64 architectures below are supported both as host and target platforms.

1. Intel® Core™ processor family or higher
  2. Intel® Xeon® processor family
  3. Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor family

Note: macOS* support for Mac* computers with Intel® Processors.

For more information, please click on the below link:

Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit System Requirements

0 Kudos
BrandonBownds
Beginner

Hi Vipin,

I believe my issues are coming from the fact that the processor I'm using is based on ARM, rather than a x64 architecture.
Windows on ARM seems to behave fine when it comes to installing the applications themselves, and the versions I've listed worked fine on my Windows Desktop machine.

I believe this is mostly because of the fact that the Visual Studio extension lists amd64 as the architecture, but my chip uses arm64. I wasn't sure if there are any intentions in the future to support ARM architectures in the future for oneAPI?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Brandon, we have shared your feedback with our backend team. However, we would like to inform you that arm64 support is currently available only for the Intel® oneAPI Rendering Toolkit.

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Brandon, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you. 

If you have any further query, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos