oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1284 Discussions

oneAPI 2022.1 Stalls for Windows 10 in VMWare

Nathan_Champagne
New Contributor I

I'm trying to install oneAPI 2022.1 for Windows 10 in VMWare. The installer (for Base and HPC) extracts the files and continues, but it shows a blank screen instead of the installation choices. FWIW, I haven't had problems with installing previous oneAPI versions. A screen shot is attached with this post.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
hglee
Beginner

I had same problem.

You need to disable 3D acceleration in VM's display setting to avoid blank form.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Nathan_Champagne,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Please check and let us know if the below requirements are met on the VMWare.

• 3 GB of disk space (minimum) if only installing compiler and its libraries: Intel oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library and Intel® Threading Building Block.
  • Maximum of ~24 GB disk space if installing all components. And during the installation process, the installer may need up to 6 GB of additional temporary disk storage to manage the download and intermediate installation files.

However, if you are facing the issue while these requirements are met then please get back to us with the below details.

• The log files, if generated, in the path- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs
  • The size of RAM that is dedicated to the VMWare.
  • The name of the processor's family
  • Is there any accelerator being used?
  • Is a different version of the product toolkit already installed on the same system?

The above information will allow us to understand the situation better.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Nathan_Champagne
New Contributor I

Archive containing log files is attached.

Avail. Disk Space: 94 GB

Ram: 8 GB

Processor: Quad-Core Intel Core i7 (I7-7920HQ

Graphics: 3D Accelerate 3D Graphics enabled

1GB Shared graphics memory

Intel HD Graphics 630, Radeon Pro 560

Previous Products have been uninstalled.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Nathan_Champagne,

Thanks for the details and the logs. We are checking on them with our internal team. Please wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
hglee
Beginner

I had same problem.

You need to disable 3D acceleration in VM's display setting to avoid blank form.

Nathan_Champagne
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
leonardopereira
Beginner

I had the exact same issue on VirtualBox, when trying to install oneAPI 2023.02 on Windows 11 Pro. This solution solved it for me. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos