oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1373 Discussions

oneapi dnf fail, again, and again, and again

DrMN
Beginner

Again,  mysterious errors appear while updating my fedora system.

After hours of googling around, I stumbled on this link here  and learned it is oneAPI's keys.   Again.

Something like this happened last year, and the year before, and etc, on each occasion it cost me days of my time and days of not being able to use my machines.

And here we are yet again.   Another day, thrown to the trash by this incompetent and irresponsible nonsense.

I am sorry guys, your software is just not worth it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Dr. M Nelson, we regret any inconvenience you've experienced. Could you please provide further details regarding the issue you're encountering? Additionally, if possible, could you kindly share a screenshot of the error message you're seeing? This will assist us in addressing your concern more effectively.

0 Kudos
DrMN
Beginner

Sorry for the delay, the error reappeared and caused the system update to fail, leaving with me a half updated system, and I just now got everything put back together again and finished the update.  So that was two days lost for this bug.

I am not going to recreate the bug for you.  However, this same bug has been reported in many forums, you can find it easily.

Note also that the source of the problem is as in previous instances over previous years, failure to manage the keys.  And in each instance the issue is fixed on intel's end a few days later.   Hence, we see that it was intel's bug.

In this instance, I found that removing intelpython3-2020.2-902.x86_64 and repeating the fedora download, was sufficient to avoid the issue so that the system upgrade would run to completion.   However, the information on how to find what needs to be removed, is obscure at best.

What is frustrating is that your organization has done this to us repeatedly and it costs me days each time.  In one instance, a system was partially inoperative for months because of some glitch in the intel repo,  before I had time to invest in sorting it out.   For me, whatever time your software might save,  is lost in the time wasted.

So, my plan at the moment, is to just remove the oneapi stuff entirely and not have to deal with it again.

0 Kudos