Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16623 Discussions

quartus_sim and TCL data size

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

A quick question regarding TCL data types used with the quartus_sim shell. I have a simulation that I am trying to automate with data generated in Matlab. The input data is unsigned, 16 bits wide (as is the input on the logic I am simulating). When I run the simulation TCL file, I get: 

Info: Value of Bus input is Error: Input too large for signed representation. 

for the following TCL line: 

force_simulation_value -node input $in 

where 'input' is the input bus of my module, and $in is the TCL variable holding a value of 57727 (i.e. larger than 32767) 

How do I tell quartus_sim to quit complaining about this,and that the input bus is 16-bits UNSIGNED? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What is your value of $in? Is it in binary or decimal format? It it is in binary, probably this causes the problem. The value of $in should ok, as long as the value is less than 65535 - note this in decimal format not binary. If your $in is in binary,you may want to convert it to decimal before you call the force_simulation_value TCL API. Hope it helps.

0 Kudos