Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

problem with jtag_uart

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif hi everyone! i use the niosII_cyclone_1c12_eval board! 

i met several problems.when i debug the program,it shows"nios2-terminal: connected to hardware target using JTAG UART on cable 

nios2-terminal: "Nios II Evaluation Board [USB-0]", device 1, instance 0 

nios2-terminal: (Use the IDE stop button or Ctrl-C to terminate)" 

in the console! 

i don&#39;t know what&#39;s wrong with my problem , 

the other question is when i printf("hello world\n") in myprogram (i have add a jtag_uart in my sopc) it runs correctly! 

the only problem is in the console,the "hello world" doesnot appear! 

could anyone help!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by wbqyy@Mar 27 2006, 06:50 PM 

http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#emo_dir#>/sad.gif hi everyone! i use the niosii_cyclone_1c12_eval board! 

i met several problems.when i debug the program,it shows"nios2-terminal: connected to hardware target using jtag uart on cable 

nios2-terminal: "nios ii evaluation board [usb-0]", device 1, instance 0 

nios2-terminal: (use the ide stop button or ctrl-c to terminate)" 

in the console! 

i don&#39;t know what&#39;s wrong with my problem , 

the other question is when i printf("hello world\n") in myprogram (i have add a jtag_uart in my sopc) it runs correctly! 

the only problem is in the console,the "hello world" doesnot appear! 

could anyone help! 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=13845) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Hi wbqyy, 

One idea you should look at is the System Library properties dialog box in the Nios IDE. It is right click on the project to get a pull down menu and select "System Library Properties" In the dialog box it asks what IO device will be used for stdio, stderr and stdin. Make sure they are set to your JTAG UART device and not null or some other io device in your system. 

Regards, 

-ATJ
0 Kudos