FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6376 Discussions

NIOS2 DDR2 refrence desing

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear friends, 

does any body have solution for NIOS2 DDR2 in sopc builder, i tried with ddr2 documents but during complilation timing error, i dont know why, pleaese help me. 

if any body have refrence design, please upload here, i am using custom statrix II board. 

regards, 

baba
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I think you are profession in my issues, I need your help. 

I have some troubles with my design with Stratix II devices. I use MegaWizard, Quartus's Web edition, to create ALTMEMPHY. It releases many files such as: 

*_alt_mem_phy_reconfig_sii 

*_alt_mem_phy_ sii 

alt_mem_phy_defines 

alt_mem_phy_sequencer.vhd 

*_altmem_phy_sequencer_wrapper.vo 

Module "alt_mem_phy_sequencer.vhd" is encrypted, so I can't see anything. How can I use this module? 

To ensure my logic is ok, I simulate them with my logic by using NCverilog 5.5. But the way ALTMEMPHY tool uses parameter is new to me. And when I run my simulation, it can not stop and print out may warnings. So you can give me your advice. 

I'm very impressed by ALTMEMPHY but I can't use it for a long time. 

Thank you in advance!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

today is friday, 7.30 pm, so, detail solution tomorrow , no problem you can beat that

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What timing issues are you running? What messages do you get within SOPC Builder or the Quartus II Compilation? 

More info buddy
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi babaship, 

What is the error message? 

I think that You must delete the following files list and regenerate your NIOS system. 

- add_constraints_for_< >.tcl 

- auto_add_ddr_constraints.tcl 

- auto_verify_ddr_timing.tcl 

- ddr_lib_path.tcl 

- remove_add_constraints_for_< >tcl 

- verify_timing_for_< >.tcl
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

I think you are profession in my issues, I need your help. 

I have some troubles with my design with Stratix II devices. I use MegaWizard, Quartus's Web edition, to create ALTMEMPHY. It releases many files such as: 

*_alt_mem_phy_reconfig_sii 

*_alt_mem_phy_ sii 

alt_mem_phy_defines 

alt_mem_phy_sequencer.vhd 

*_altmem_phy_sequencer_wrapper.vo 

Module "alt_mem_phy_sequencer.vhd" is encrypted, so I can't see anything. How can I use this module? 

To ensure my logic is ok, I simulate them with my logic by using NCverilog 5.5. But the way ALTMEMPHY tool uses parameter is new to me. And when I run my simulation, it can not stop and print out may warnings. So you can give me your advice. 

I'm very impressed by ALTMEMPHY but I can't use it for a long time. 

Thank you in advance! 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi tuanna, 

You can simulate your NIOS system by using SOPC Builder. It can create a simulator project.
0 Kudos